• Register Today It's free!

Ford Premium Maintenance Plan

avio07

Reaction score
City, State
A
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
Just leased a 2020 ford explorer XLT and the finance manager sold me on a premium maintenance package for extra $24/mo for 37000 miles. Fast forward 10 days I get a notification from FordPass app that I have been rewarded 42,000 points and that equals to 3-4 complimentary of 5 total service visits I will need during the lease. So basically the finance manager sold me on a plan which wasn't needed. What are my options? I don't want to accuse him of selling me a plan without informing me that the lease includes 3 complimentary service visits :confused: its only been 2 weeks since I signed the lease.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just leased a 2020 ford explorer XLT and the finance manager sold me on a premium maintenance package for extra $24/mo for 37000 miles. Fast forward 10 days I get a notification from FordPass app that I have been rewarded 42,000 points and that equals to 3-4 complimentary of 5 total service visits I will need during the lease. So basically the finance manager sold me on a plan which wasn't needed. What are my options? I don't want to accuse him of selling me a plan without informing me that the lease includes 3 complimentary service visits :confused: its only been 2 weeks since I signed the lease.

This happened to me too but I found out through this discussion that you can buy parts and accessories for up to $220 or 3 oil changes. My dealer was happy to order me stuff I needed like touch up paint, wiper blades and air filters to stock up for that amount. They rang up the order through the service advisor to use up my points. Ironically, the advisor said don't use up all your points because you may need to fix a flat tire or replace one which could be done with points. Sure enough, a month later, yesterday I had low tire pressure in my rear tire and went to NTB to plug it, the screw is in the shoulder and can't be repaired. A new 21 inch tire for the ST is $300-400 installed. And of course since it's a fancy sport model size no one stocks it so I have to wait 5 days. At only 3100 miles this is so upsetting!!

Just have them cancel it and refund you. Less then 30 days you will get refunded in full. Points cover the 7,500, 15,000 and 22,500 mile service. Being you can go close to 10k on an oil change, you will only need to get 1 out of pocket ($40 if dealer does it) around 30-32k and then turn it in before you would even need another.

I don't know what your recourse might be. If you received documentation, check it over and see if there is a cancellation clause. I think the money may have been better spent on an ESP Warranty if you have a 5 year lease. 2020 Extended Service Plans Pricing @ Dealer Cost

Peter

Just have them cancel it and refund you. Less then 30 days you will get refunded in full. Points cover the 7,500, 15,000 and 22,500 mile service. Being you can go close to 10k on an oil change, you will only need to get 1 out of pocket ($40 if dealer does it) around 30-32k and then turn it in before you would even need another.
Thanks do you know if I should call Ford directly or the dealership's finance manager to cancel it?

Dealership has to refund it in first 30 days. After that, prorated through Ford.

Do you know if you automatically get the points in the App? I am currently about to sign a lease deal for an ST and was gonna get the maint package, so now this asks the question or raises the debate to get the maint or not? TIA

Do you know if you automatically get the points in the App? I am currently about to sign a lease deal for an ST and was gonna get the maint package, so now this asks the question or raises the debate to get the maint or not? TIA
I automatically got the points a week after I registered the car in FordPass app with a push notification. I would definitely not get the maintenance plan unless you’re planning to keep the lease, I’m shocked they try to sell it and not mentioned the first 3 complimentary service visits (4 oil change visits) are free!

I automatically got the points a week after I registered the car in FordPass app with a push notification. I would definitely not get the maintenance plan unless you’re planning to keep the lease, I’m shocked they try to sell it and not mentioned the first 3 complimentary service visits (4 oil change visits) are free!
only reason I even consider it is my mother works for the dealer, so I get it at there cost, the plan that is

only reason I even consider it is my mother works for the dealer, so I get it at there cost, the plan that is
How much are you getting it for ?

Believe it was $15 a month. Will check. Didn’t sign yet and with all this stuff going on now will most likely get delayed till next month.

You can use 42,000 points to buy parts and accessories up to $220.

This !

Why would he(she)? The F&I peep gets a healthy commission on all the add ons he can con the unsuspecting buyer to go with. Also, in the majoriyt of cases unless you are subprime, one can obtain a lower lease rate than that offered by the dealers F&I dept. YMMV

Why would he(she)? The F&I peep gets a healthy commission on all the add ons he can con the unsuspecting buyer to go with. Also, in the majoriyt of cases unless you are subprime, one can obtain a lower lease rate than that offered by the dealers F&I dept. YMMV
I didn’t know that! How do you obtain that lower lease rate ?

I've lowered my previous lease rates by 1.5% by using the 'Multiple Refundable Security Deposit' feature. The deposits are calculated using your monthly payment. 1.5% is the maximum reduction. At the end of the lease, you get your deposit back but there is no interest paid on it. I used the refunded deposit from my 2017 Platinum as a down payment on the Aviator.

Peter

I've lowered my previous lease rates by 1.5% by using the 'Multiple Refundable Security Deposit' feature. The deposits are calculated using your monthly payment. 1.5% is the maximum reduction. At the end of the lease, you get your deposit back but there is no interest paid on it. I used the refunded deposit from my 2017 Platinum as a down payment on the Aviator.

Peter
What Peter said ............ And, check with several financial institutions. Google car leasing rates. Leasing is no different than financing a vehicle. One must shop around for the lowest rate. Car dealers hate an informed buyer.

Back