• Register Today It's free!

Ford Repair - Door Stuck

Kinnish

Reaction score
City, State
Des Moines, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
98XLT "THE GENERAL"
Well it all started when one day it was hard to open the door from the outside on the passenger side. After a while the inside door latch was a pain to pull to get the door open. I took apart the door panel and decided that the outside door latch was pop riveted on and the springs looked to be out of whack. Finally the door wouldn't open from the inside and out so for a couple of weeks until I went home I had to climb in from the passenger side. Looked real cool. Anyhow I had to take it in for a recall anyhow so I took it to Ford to have them fix the door. The said the door latch mechanism was broken and the part was $13 and the labor was like $114 with diagnosis and installation. I gave them the go ahead and picked it up the next day. The service guy opened up the door and I new that it opened and worked but only an hour later did I find out that they didn't put the door back together right because there is a gap between the window switches and the door panel but the outside door handle still flaps around springless and I cannot even unlock the door from the outside. I guess I will have to call and complain on Monday but I find it very rediculous that Ford technicians in all their glory cannot inspect the proper function of the entire door assembly after repairing. And putting the door back on is easy, I've done it before and alot better. What would anyone's advice be on the matter?

take it back and complain, it takes all of 5 minutes to remove the door panel..... and from what you said, it still doenst work? in that case tell them full refund!

Back