Ford Show at local dealer presented by Trckmagik | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Show at local dealer presented by Trckmagik

Thanks so much for posting Brian. Make sure you keep your calender marked for March 13th. This will be alot of fun for all. I cant wait to see some of your stangs. The greatest thing is this will still be small enough where we can meet everyone.
I look forward to seeing you guys. Thanks again for joining up and posting.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No prob, I'd love to build a stroker V8 for an Explorer. 500 hp supercharged 331 in an Explorer would sneak up on some people! Ha ha So, who's first in line?

Laters,

Brian

I just bought a 2001 Eddie Bauer V-8 All Wheel Drive.

You wanna do some work to get you name out in the explorer world :)

Ill be more than happy to let you.

Originally posted by Motion Dynamics
No prob, I'd love to build a stroker V8 for an Explorer. 500 hp supercharged 331 in an Explorer would sneak up on some people! Ha ha So, who's first in line?
How much horsepower without a supercharger?

That's got the 4.6 aluminum 2 valve motor right? You can put a blower on it and supprise some people. Still got a strong bottom end. Only changes would be to install forged pistons & rods & port the heads & intake. You'd be all good with that. LOL Fun ride!

Actually. Mine has the 5.0 motor in it. You remember those dont you?

Originally posted by Johnstone
How much horsepower without a supercharger?

Depends. Heads, cam, compression will dictate power. You could go 10.5-11:1 compression 331 with AFR 205's and make gobs of power. 500hp NA wouldn't be out of the question at all. In fact I'd be pissed if we only got 500 out of it. LOL

Originally posted by Trckmagik
Actually. Mine has the 5.0 motor in it. You remember those dont you?

Haha, of course I remember the 5.0's. LOL We have a 347 going together here right now. Are you positive about having the 5.0 in there? The 01 Explorer should have an aluminum 2V 4.6. I could be wrong but I'm pretty certain.

Originally posted by Motion Dynamics
Haha, of course I remember the 5.0's. LOL We have a 347 going together here right now. Are you positive about having the 5.0 in there? The 01 Explorer should have an aluminum 2V 4.6. I could be wrong but I'm pretty certain.
The 4.6 2v didn't show up until the 02 4door Explorers.

I for sure have the 5.0 motor. :)

Wow, learn something new every day. Haha We have an 01 Explorer block here that was one of the Ford prototypes. That's what confused me. It's in 4v form now with a T-Trim Vortech feeding it through ported Cobra heads. All that's going into a 97 Thunderbird. We build fun cars here!

Fun cars are the best!

Count me in, since NCF is practically in my backyard. I may not have the most modified X out there but it does have some mods. It'll make some of my buddies laugh since they work there.

do we have to show clean cars? lol. my engine compartment is so dirty with mud and stuff in it

You can show what you want. My engine bay looks like every other explorer therefore I have no need to open my hood. Mine explorers will be parked with all doors shut most likely.

Looks liek a good turnout of explorers for this event.

my doors will be locked and shut... and getting it detailed as well.. i also want to put it up on some blocks or something to get it to flex.....

sounds good. look foward to it.

wow, can the lowered and street guys show up too? :D anyway, this would be an awesome event for me to attend, and since i know this a month in advance, i might be able to go! not sure yet, but since i didnt make it down to your house for the axle swap, i would love to be there for this! if im lucky, i might have a new tranny and a new paint job! hehe, i can only hope, cause i think the stangs would have a problem being next to primer induced paint! :)

Attachments

• picture 249.jpg
    picture 249.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 182

You are welcome to come.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Problem, wife reminded me that I am supposed to be camping with my god son the weekend of the 13th at Eagle Mountain Lake. So I'm not sure if I'll make it. That is if the weather is crappy that weekend at all I will be there. If it is perfect I can't.:(

Back