Ford to outdue Hemi with 6.2 V8 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford to outdue Hemi with 6.2 V8

Our diesel just took a massive drop. I paid 1.75. Premium is still over 2.00 at all stations.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

87 octane is down to 1.70 here :D :D

Why is it our 87 is still $2.29? The prices are staying the same, but not going down.

F14CRAZY said:
Why the hell would someone want a big gas V8? Isn't that what the Power Stroke is for? Cheaper fuel, simpler, more power? A 4.6 is fine, but not a 6.2. Reminds me too much of crappy Chevy diesels anyway.

Or for Dodge, the Cummins? I'd take a Durango with a Cummins.

I second that man and don't forget the better fule milage! :bounce:

Diesel is cheeper than regular hear.

Yay! Somebody finally agress with me. My dads '91 F250 diesel gets better milage than my Explorer.

F14CRAZY said:
Yay! Somebody finally agress with me. My dads '91 F250 diesel gets better milage than my Explorer.

Well as my name impliyes lol :D

I chose my name cuss I am a son of a Master Auto Tech aka. Dr. of ALL automobils certifyed and Im damn proud of it :bounce:

One guy who was doing some construction work in my dads house and office was telling me how his 5.7L Deisel Suburban loaded with family and tools gets 22mpg.

Why is it that my Explorer which is like 3/4 of the weight and has a 4 liter engine with only 160HP only gets 14MPG?

Ford needs to step its game up as far as effeciency goes.

funnyperson1 said:
One guy who was doing some construction work in my dads house and office was telling me how his 5.7L Deisel Suburban loaded with family and tools gets 22mpg.

Why is it that my Explorer which is like 3/4 of the weight and has a 4 liter engine with only 160HP only gets 14MPG?

Well like it or not Deisel engins are 22% more efishint than gas engins :D

Yeah, our excursion gets real good gas mileage for how big it is.
It's diesel, and that is about $1.75 here.

I can see a 6.2 gas engine in a 250, 350 but not needed in the 150. Like others said Ford should expand it's PowerStroke line. I'd buy a 5.0 PSD F150 or a 4.0 PSD Ranger :thumbsup:

rino351 said:
Yeah, our excursion gets real good gas mileage for how big it is.
It's diesel, and that is about $1.75 here.

What do you get in that deisel Excursion? We get about 11 mpg (mostly city) in our 6.8 V10 Excursion. :(

As I said before, Ford needs to put that 4.3 Power Stroke into some other vehicles.

Initial investment is pretty bad, but pays off.

Diesel all the way...I currently get 25 mpg in the city and around 35 mpg on the highway. That is because I have a 2.8 TDI engine on my new truck :)

And best of all, diesel here is only $1.60 /gallon, so I think I get a pretty good value for my money. Power is also good with 140 HP and 250 lb-ft of torque. What do you think?

skumancer said:
Power is also good with 140 HP and 250 lb-ft of torque. What do you think?
Punk! I'm green with envy. Wish ford would recognize the need for more diesel powered vehicles in the US. With oil hitting something like $50 a barrel and a full tank of gas costing over $40 I'd be first in line for a diesel compact truck.

Guess I'll have to go with a F250 diesel.

RiverRat said:
Punk! I'm green with envy. Wish ford would recognize the need for more diesel powered vehicles in the US. With oil hitting something like $50 a barrel and a full tank of gas costing over $40 I'd be first in line for a diesel compact truck.

Well, you know, its not always bad to live outside the USA ;)

Ford will recognize it...there is FAR too much demand for diesel mini-trucks. Over here, you see 10 diesel mini-trucks for every F250/350 diesel.

Besides, almost all SUVs are diesel (except, of course, Chevys, Fords and Dodges).

funnyperson1 said:

I don't know why yours is terrible. but my x gets 24 on the highway and 20 in the city. I do have 3.27 gears, 5 spd, and gas milage mods though. I proud of my gas milage and wouldn't trade the x for anything. ESPECIALLY not a piece of crap chevy!

Diesel are much more efficient thats why more power and mileage usually,

but here Diesel Prices have risen over the regular unleaded gas prices

strange isn't it

Back