Fordpass App | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fordpass App

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On the fob, a single click on the lock button, then click the engine start button below it 2X quickly.

That I know but the extending the timer feature is on the app.

Yes but on a hot day in Florida the standard 15 minute is not enough to cool the car.

That I know but the extending the timer feature is on the app.
You are aware that there is a setting in the Sync3 that also gives one the ability to enable a preset warm-up time ?

It is for 30 minutes. More than enough to cool down the car. It also turns on the seat fans in the summer and heater in the winter.

30 minutes is a lot of wasted fuel and extra wear on an idling engine. I find that it cools faster if first you open the windows and put the A/C on full and recirc and then just drive. Also, many jurisdictions have bylaws on idling times.

Peter

I don't ever let it go for the full 30 minutes. I open the garage door. Start the ST. Get a fresh cup of coffee and, go. 5 min total. Y'all may have idle limitations up there, we don't.

I don't ever let it go for the full 30 minutes. I open the garage door. Start the ST. Get a fresh cup of coffee and, go. 5 min total. Y'all may have idle limitations up there, we don't.
You do. It's for vehicles with a gross weight of 14,000 pounds or more. 5 minutes. ;)

Peter

Peter, did you not read when the article was published ? Back in 2015. That is Houston TX only. Another one of our leftist leaning sanctuary cities that along with Austin can't figure out how to control their homeless population. Btw, it has never been enforced and never will. Houston is to truck reliant.

The next article on Vehicle Idling Restrictions lists a few more areas that have a Memorandum of Agreement in place. Whether it is enforced or not isn't really the point. In Ottawa, depending upon the temperature, idling can be allowed anywhere from 3 - 5 minutes.

Peter

Dallas has it too. Not enforced. My point being that it is simply another form of overreach by a local gov't entity sticking its nose where it doesn't belong.

You all have no idea about FL during the summer. Humidity is so high and it's so hot putting the window down does not help. In FL stepping in the shade does not help if the humidity is high.

I personally love this feature. An idled vehicle has a lot less wear and tear then bumper to bumper traffic.

You all have no idea about FL during the summer. Humidity is so high and it's so hot putting the window down does not help. In FL stepping in the shade does not help if the humidity is high.
Houston TX is just as bad. Our ac has been on for the past week and still is. The gulf moisture sucks. I'd move to AZ in a heartbeat. 'Ol lady won't 'cause her mother is here along with the kids, grandkids and, great-grandkids.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still debating enabling this. From what I'm reading, everything it does I can see or do from inside the car. Google will tell me where my car is if I enable that feature. My dealer provides 6 free full service oil changes so I don't need the points ............

Back