Forscan code to enable Sirius radio | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Forscan code to enable Sirius radio

Tell us the exact data your are programming it...your original and what you are programming into the replacement...the full data...for the ACM

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also do the front door speakers work for anything? There was an option in which those are disconnected from the stock radio.

See comments below this post, "issue has been resolved" using as built data archived and overwriting the data the CD unit is programmed with.

I will ask again...what is your vehicles original programming data for the ACM and what did you program into the replacement...the entire data.

Now I follow, I programmed IPC settings just loaded default ACM and wham yes everything is functional.... Thank you for the clarification. Working!!

I used an after market jumper to adapt a stock car kit antenna into the factory unit, you can buy the 30 cable or this 9.95 set off of ebay and run your own. for now Ill run this one untill i need to pace an order with a discounted dealer online.

19875648_326231871146359_4579959616222238384_n.jpg

19756664_326231877813025_1637407863815828614_n.jpg

19984014_326231887813024_1590247279922944009_o.jpg

Will plug into either the radio antenna for a modulator connection or the sat radio jack, keyed for both. I see the price has gone up a lil but here's the set I bought to do this as PnP option

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stereo-Add-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

post appeared multiple times edit

post appeared multiple times edit

More information update:

Ford NO LONGER SELLS the Satellite extension cable to add the one needed to use the stock antenna in the roof. Either remove one from a wrecked car or buy this from overseas to connect into the plug in the passenger kick panel. SOME modification of the plug plastic will be needed to fit.

Fakra K Plug to SMB Jack Antenna Extension Adapter Cable 1m long

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RF-Fakra-K-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

More information update:

Ford NO LONGER SELLS the Satellite extension cable to add the one needed to use the stock antenna in the roof. Either remove one from a wrecked car or buy this from overseas to connect into the plug in the passenger kick panel. SOME modification of the plug plastic will be needed to fit.

Fakra K Plug to SMB Jack Antenna Extension Adapter Cable 1m long

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RF-Fakra-K-Plug-to-SMB-Jack-Antenna-Extension-Adapter-Cable-1m-for-Sirius-XM/253017307130?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Here in Canada , I just bought BB5Z-18812-D from

https://www.eastgatefordpartscanada...-engine/electrical-cat/antenna-and-radio-scat

and in the USA, it looks like you still can from

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...-engine/electrical-cat/antenna-and-radio-scat

in either case more money than what you found.

The parts you referenced are not in stock in the US or available any longer according to 2 different dealers. You can order it but they'll return your money LOL

What an interesting post. BatDoctor, I am assuming you had to call Sirius with information and subscribe prior to getting this to work for you?

any satellite radio requires a plan to hear anything but the adding it as a non factory equipped feature of my vehicle is what the main focus of the thread is. If you cant stand commercial radio or cant get radio reception like some places here in Nevada, this is the only way to go.

does anyone know the exact bit to enable siriusXM? I'm shocked this isn't documented very well at all. unless i've missed something.

7A5-01-01 is currently: 0001 9000 205F

Have you installed a Satellite capable ACM? What year PIU? There is a difference between the 16’s and newer, and the earlier ones.

Well both would be very helpful to everyone. I'm working on a 13-15. All my parts are installed, just need to know the correct bit and not really trying to spend a few hour or so doing it. I'm just surprised no one has posted it, especially considering the wiring is almost 80%+ installed.

Here is how i did it, as it was not as simple as just flipping a bit. This is a cut and paste from my notes I kept as I made changes to my PIU:

As built from new ACM(EBay) had issues with Sync, as well as volume as it came out of a Sony equipped Explorer. Found a base unit serial# with Sirius and Sync online, and used that serial# to
retrieve as-built info from Motorcraft site and modified any non-matching entries in Ebay unit
VIN 1FM5K7B89EGB29277
ACM As Built Info:
727-01-01 5A00 2000 00AA
727-01-02 0132
727-02-01 0132
727-03-01 2A5C
727-04-01 0001-0255-53DE

If you unit is close to mine, I can email you my file (Your PIU will have to have Sync)

Tom

To add to this, throwing my as built from my original ACM into the new unit had all sorts of issues, so the above approach is the way to go.

thanks for the info. I've seen that before. The mic wasn't working on sync? What are the years of the ACM's? I've seen that with mismatched years in Sedan PI.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This bit (below image) enables the button in the fcdim, which would be 20XX XXXX XX, hope that helps someone else.

72P727v.jpg

Back