Forscan code to enable Sirius radio | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Forscan code to enable Sirius radio

Also, the ACM should not be reprogrammed at all with original as-built data. The new ACM is enabled for SiriusXM, the only change would be for non-sync: 727-01-01 0A00 2000 0054 so the missing fcdim code doesn't show up, but it will not flash on the dash.

Parts List

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is how i did it, as it was not as simple as just flipping a bit. This is a cut and paste from my notes I kept as I made changes to my PIU:

As built from new ACM(EBay) had issues with Sync, as well as volume as it came out of a Sony equipped Explorer. Found a base unit serial# with Sirius and Sync online, and used that serial# to
retrieve as-built info from Motorcraft site and modified any non-matching entries in Ebay unit
VIN 1FM5K7B89EGB29277
ACM As Built Info:
727-01-01 5A00 2000 00AA
727-01-02 0132
727-02-01 0132
727-03-01 2A5C
727-04-01 0001-0255-53DE

If you unit is close to mine, I can email you my file (Your PIU will have to have Sync)

Tom

Tom, I recently purchased a 2018 PIU that has a CD with Sync option, but not Sirius. My objective is to add Sirius. I've ordered another ACM with Sirius and a BB5Z-18812-D antenna cable (but the Ford dealer is giving me a hard time about delivering it "because it doesn't show that it is compatible with my VIN #).

I gather from your post that you had to "trick" your ACM with Sirius into working with your PIU by using a VIN # that had Sirius as-built. Is that correct? If not please clarify...

Bottom line, I'm thinking I'm going down the same path that you've been and hoping you can save me some dead-ends. A summary of all of your experience and wisdom will certainly be much appreciated!

Brad

Hey Brad. I will have to find some time to dig into my notes and refresh my memory. I see you have a 2018, so it may be different for you, although I know I’d can be done on the 2016-2019 models as well.

Tom

Hey Brad. I will have to find some time to dig into my notes and refresh my memory. I see you have a 2018, so it may be different for you, although I know I’d can be done on the 2016-2019 models as well.

Tom
Thanks Tom. I look forward to receiving the results of your 'digging'!

(And another naive rookie question to you and other Ford owners: I assume that Ford and all their 'authorized' mechanics have document(s) that define all the FORScan codes, their functions, and their inter-relationships. Is it some mortal sin to share them? Or some dark conspiracy / game to cause frustrated car/computer Geeks to try spend thousands of hours trying to randomly discover them? Really...)

Ford mechanics do not use FORScan Brad. They use IDS and are very hesitant/reluctant to change software codes for warranty and/or possible liability issues.

Peter

Ford mechanics do not use FORScan Brad. They use IDS and are very hesitant/reluctant to change software codes for warranty and/or possible liability issues.

Peter
So the FORScan folks don't have access to a master list? Or is FORScan simply a grass-roots low-budget operation that doesn't have the resources to transcribe and publish? (PLEASE don't get me wrong: If my previous speculation about FORScan is true, I'm becoming VERY grateful for their (and your) significant efforts to help rookies like me modify and/or fix our Ford vehicles! I'm just asking the question...)

Check out this post in another thread. Adding "missing" optional modules
There is a spreadsheet listing for FORScan that was compiled by users.
Using the handy 'Search' function, I found these;

Peter

Peter
Thanks Peter. MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Peter

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get-back my display of rear obstacle when in reverse? This display went-away after I installed a new ACM that contained SiriusXM and I made the various suggested FORScan changes. Apparently one of these FORScan changes caused the rear obstacles display to go away...and a "RearView Camera not availble" message to appear. I'm thinking that it would be a bit in the FCDIM, but I can't seem to isolate which one.

Any / all suggestions would be much appreciated!

Brad,

Here is the notes I took on how I did it. Keep in mind that the locations are different in the earlier units, and the 2016+ models, but this will give you an idea how i finally cam up with a working solution. The advantage to the earlier units for this mod is they have the Sirius button on the radio controls. Good Luck

Enable Sirius XM
New ACM with SIRIUS Capability purchased from Ebay
RF Cable from junkyard that has both broadcast and satellite antenna connection run from passenger side kick panel to ACM
FORSCAN Work:
As built from new ACM had issues with Sync, as well as volume as it came out of a Sony equipped Explorer. Found a base unit serial# with Sirius and Sync online, and used that serial# to
retieve as-built info from Motorcraft site and modified any non-matching entries in Ebay unit
VIN1FM5K7B89EGB29277
ACM As Built Info:
727-01-015A00 2000 00AA
727-01-020132
727-02-010132
727-03-012A5C
727-04-010001-0255-53DE

Looking for the address location and hex code to enable Sirius radio on my piu
I've purchased the aiu with Sirius already just need the info to get it working once I take delivery that is.

Thanks

I know this is old and there was a TON of good info on here. Basically, I took all of the different posts and parts from everyone and completed 2 upgrades, in two separate Ford PIUs. Here is how I did it:

Bought the 2015 Ford Explorer CD Player Satellite Radio EB5T-19C107-HB OEM box off eBay (any 2011 to 2015 model will work as long as it has the yellow hookup)
Bought the Genuine Ford Antenna Cable BB5Z-18812-D from eBay
Took out the old cable from the kickplate to the radio, reinstalled the new one (Glovebox has to come out)
Took out the old box and reconnected everything to the new box.
Took my laptop with FORScan and made only the change that BatDoctor showed (0021 to 2021 in FCIM). NOTE: I changed it under FCIM not ACM

I did not need to make any of the other changes that a few of you all mentioned. I was in and out of FORScan in about 1 minute.

The first time, it took me about 2 hours. The second time, it took me less than 1 hour. Also, I would change my Cabin Air Filter while the glove box is out. The glovebox cut my hand both times and I despise dealing with it. Therefore, it has clean air and I only mess with the glovebox once.

Welcome to the Forum marc. :wave:

Peter

Back