found out something interesting | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

found out something interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, How much is this running you andrew?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its gonna be around the 800 dollars range some were in there

I don't think the stock wheel will fit on there after you flip the spindle. You probably would need at least a 20 inch wheel to clear the lower control arm. Trust me, I have the diagram of the suspension, plus I just went and looked at the suspension in the freezing cold and dark outside. I just don't see it happening with a stock wheel. But I have been proven wrong many times. Plus one other person metioned all the weight would be resting on the nuts holding the spindles on. That doesn't seem very safe to me either. And I would also agree with him in saying that the camber would be off by a considerable amount. But i'm not saying it can't be done. I'm just saying that it seems like a lot of custom fabing will need to be done. I think flipping the torsion keys and moving the upper control arm pivot points up to compensate for the camber would be easier and cheaper.

The whole point was to have some ride quality as well.

Originally posted by Hartman
I don't know if I'm reading a thread about suspensions or a summary of As the World Turns.
:D

Andrew can give you the latest update on the Sports Truck News plus entertain you with his real world events. ;)

hey wuts up everyone?

just chillin over here i talked to the guys this morning the people i guess over there took pix for me. step by step of wut they did. also i should have it back by tomorow. and yes i had to buy 20s because the rim sat way way to close to the lower controll arm they even showed me a pic of wut happend. aight everyone i should have pix up by tomorow bye

Is the process costing you a lot of money?

And about the 20s, I know the edge of my rim is about 1/4" away from the upper control arm now. I'm not sure I could do this with my wide ass rims.

This sounds great if it works but does anyone know if a drop spindle for a 2 wheel drive Ranger would work just a thought. I really want a ranger front suspension don't I lol.

they dont make drop spindles for 2wd rangers. only control arms and coils.

A 2WD Ranger spindle would work perfect. I heard Belltech was very close to making one, but decided that there wasn't enough market for them at the last minute. :(

*AHEM*

pictures...

<- signing myself up for updates as well :)

Okay... whatever happen to andrew. this was supposed to be the latest/hottest thing and now what?

andrew?!?! c'mon, dude!

yea, cmon man. you got us all hangin' here... :rolleyes:

hey sorry u guys?

ive actually been up in minnesota for some family stuff that just happend. it was my grandmas funeral. so dont get mad if i havent been on here in a while. the truck is running awesome i actually drove it from south florida to minnesota and it drove awesome no bumps or sweaks or anything. i actually thought it was gonna ride rough but it didnt. it has actually used 20s on it but there nice there actually the kmc stealths and it looks awesome. it just doesnt drive well in the snow lol hint hint. i got stuck once i went out in the town with it and we got 7 inchs of snow here so it wasnt fun. i guess once i get back home ill post pictures because i dont have my digital with me at the moment and its hard to keep chrome clean in the snow lol. i guess ill talk to you all later and also for some reason i have a 40 series flowmaster on there and once i punch it. it sounds horrible it sounds really loud but with no noise its wierd. tahnx for understanding everyone i should be back home in like a week or so hope everyone has a good thanx giving bye.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. :( Forgive the members here, but this is a very intriguing idea, and we are all curious. My condolences.

Where are the pictures?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have to still take pictures because i really cant take pictures here because i left my digi cam up there. hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday. bye :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back