• Register Today It's free!

Found this in my trans pan

xkrzn

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I was replacing shift solonoid because I lost 3rd gear.

I found these pieces in the pan when I dropped it.
C34A783F-B90F-435D-91A6-C1C47A80069C.jpeg
AEF8B778-2EFF-42BE-A25A-C37A5B457EAC.jpeg

so I still replaced solonoid and my 3rd gear is still shot

image.jpg

What did that bracket come off does anyone know? And I’m at a loss with the gear 3 ratio.

thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was replacing shift solonoid because I lost 3rd gear.

I found these pieces in the pan when I dropped it.
View attachment 326687View attachment 326688

so I still replaced solonoid and my 3rd gear is still shot

View attachment 326689

What did that bracket come off does anyone know? And I’m at a loss with the gear 3 ratio.

thanks in advance!
I believe that is a bracket to one of your bands meaning your transmission most likely snapped a band. Don’t quote me through but I’m almost 99% sure that’s a broken chunk of your band. And as you lost third gear I believe that means that chunk of metal came from your intermediate band*. Stop driving it and head to a shop I made the mistake of continuing to limp it and ended up costing myself way more in the end.

That is definitely the end of a broken transmission band. Time for transmission service.
After you changed the shift Servo you should have noticed right away that you could not set the band tension, that would be confirmation of the broken band.

That is definitely the end of a broken transmission band. Time for transmission service.
After you changed the shift Servo you should have noticed right away that you could not set the band tension, that would be confirmation of the broken band.
I didn’t do servo I did the solenoid pack. And **** >.< from What I understand that’s the worst case scenario

Well if you rebuild it, you can do some worthwhile upgrades while you're in there, and end up with a reliable unit.

Back