• Register Today It's free!

Four 12's?

Mat R

Reaction score
City, State
Woodinville(and all of western)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'85
I just put a new amp in to push my kicker 12 and man it has sooooo much bass. I have to keep the bass setting at 0 on my JVC Kamleon otherwise I can't here the words?

On the note of tons of bass, I noticed Brian Green's Explorer has 4 kicker 12s. How could you even deal with that much bass? It seems to me that it would just over power everything.

Mat

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer XLT
Interested in trucks..?
Me too. Check out my web page.
MatnChad.com
www.matnchad.com

I don't know what Brian Green has, but in my explorer, I have added four 6x9s to the four stock 6x8s to go with the two 12s in a bandpass box. In my opinion, you have to get more of the high and mid frequencies if you are going to put in that much for the lower frequencies.

------------------
My cat's breath smells like cat food.
-Ralph Wiggum

I have 3 12's in a custom JL box and its loud. What made it even worse was i bought a new phoenix gold 4 channel amp and clarion crossover/eq. to drive my highs and mids. With the eq/crossover my stereo sounds completey different. The volume is tremendous. You can't stay in the truck if you want to be able to hear later in life. I dont know why i have it setup to be so loud. I dont listen to it that loud. I guess its just one of those things. Right now i'm pushin 1200 watts in my truck. I need to buy a larger alternater.

Brian,
I would love to see pics of your box, it sounds exactly like the setup I am trying to go for.

------------------
Ryan Kelso
93 Explorer Sport 4x4
K&N Drop In
ProComp Pro Runner Light Bar
Stull Billet Grille
Hella 500's
Blue Opta Fogs
Kenwood and Kicker Stereo

Back