Frame bushings on 2001. | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Frame bushings on 2001.

Lance P

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer Sport Trac
Replacing the frame bushings. Is there options to poly bushings or are they the best choice. I have not seen any listed besides poly bushing kits. Wondering about being a harsher ride or transmitting more road noise or vibrations to the cab? Any feed back is much appreciated. I drive my rig mostly on the street but I do live in Northern Baja and take it off road a few times a year.

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Everybody I know who has replaced their body bushings with poly has been happy with the results. The body isn't shuddering on rough roads anymore. No added vibrations.

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
I put "solid" urethane body mounts on my BII years ago, I would never go back to rubber mounts
the urethane mounts you will feel the road more, chassis vibrations, etc
But nothing to worry about, I would go with urethane on all of my trucks
removing the rubber engine and trans mounts along with the body mounts really stiffens up the truck and forces the suspension to do the work

GO FOR IT

swshawaii

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Kailua-Oahu, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Sport Trac XLS (RWD)
I'm NOT a fan of Dorman products, but they have rubber body mounts complete with hardware.
Agree with replacing with polyurethane as long as your body mount metal shells are reusable. Haven't seen complaints with the Prothane 6116 kit made specifically for 2001-05 Sport Tracs. Daystar KF04015 is another option, but not nearly as popular as Prothane.

Lance P

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer Sport Trac
Everybody I know who has replaced their body bushings with poly has been happy with the results. The body isn't shuddering on rough roads anymore. No added vibrations.
Thanks for the input. I will do the prothane kit.

Lance P

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer Sport Trac
I'm NOT a fan of Dorman products, but they have rubber body mounts complete with hardware.
Agree with replacing with polyurethane as long as your body mount metal shells are reusable. Haven't seen complaints with the Prothane 6116 kit made specifically for 2001-05 Sport Tracs. Daystar KF04015 is another option, but not nearly as popular as Prothane.
I appreciate the info from all you fellas here. I will use the poly bushings. Everything else in the front end has been rebuilt or replaced in the last two months, so I am eager to get this done and have a solid rig on the road again. Any comments on tire size? I am running 255/70/16s. Oh, and shocks, Bilstein, Rancho, Monroes?

Thanks