freshly slammed LOVE IT tt and blocks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

freshly slammed LOVE IT tt and blocks

Xzibit A

Reaction score
City, State
Ashburn,VA(NOVA)
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 xlt 4.6
well i put a set of 95 stang GT( tribar wheels) on the 96 ex last week and it looked goofy with the 245 45 17 tires on it, so i decided to lower it. went and bought a SET of 25 dollar 2" blocks, and removed the torsion bar bolts, after all is said and done its low as crap, 5" ground clearance, got about 3" out of the fron and 2.5 in the back, the tire gap is even all the way around, still too big but even and the truck isn't going any lower. but i will say this this truck handles like a svt focus, its on rails now, if finally fits th plates i ordered for it that say "ROL PRUF." im def. exctied and very happy. im gonna clean it up and sanp some picts tomarrow

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

need to see some pics

So you just took out the torsion bar bolts and the truck drops? I though they had to be "turned" in order to drop it , please enlighten me .

if you take out the bolts all the way they will turn all the way giving you between 1.5 and 2.5" depending on the truck.

if you take the bar out all the way, the truck will drop until the lower control arm hits the frame... roughly 7-8"

sounds like a bad thing

it lowered my truck just under 3" in the front, and i asked a couple other people who had removed the bolts and they had no problems, i havent had any problems yet, and it doesn't ride that bad, i finally got some pictures though i need to post them up.

This thread is worthless without pics!

pics in thie link in my sig now even thouh they suck i just put new wheels on and am going to take alot better picts, when it stops raining

rofl, 5" ground clearance? more like a foot or so. i really don't like the gap between in the wheel wells, at all, but that's me. then again, i'm not a huge fan of those wheels either.

thats 5" from the engine crossmember to the ground and the u bolts are about 4 inches from the ground, yeah i need to lower it about another inch or so and ill be happy, so im gonna have some 2" blocks for sale here shortly. i hate those wheels actually thats why we got a set of cobra wheels( not cobra Rs).

dude, I've lowered a handful of explorers, as well as truly slamming one without doing bags that's twice the amount you have. it's not 4-5" off the ground, I know how low these things go. and who the hell cares how low the crossmember is? my front lip is exactly 7.5" off the ground, with 20s, on a 5.5" drop, feel like beating that? thought so. yeah, i'm not bagged, but i'm as far as you can go before doing it.

regardless, enjoy it, not everyone is going to like it.

mine is like 2-3" heh- i'll tell ya in the mornign when i take it off the jack stands

I took the front bolts out, Thought it rode horrible, and handled horrible, so I cranked it back up an inch. This was with the bump stops removed.

hehehe my front lip is like, well hummm it is on the ground.. LOL I know how you feel when I lowered mine just 3" at first I loved it and felt like I would drag everywhere. Stick in there. Getting low... Later, Jason

IMO the small wheels don't look too good.

the new wheels(96 cobra) dont look as bad and if the tires didnt have so much tread left i would get a 255/50 17 tire, but until then its gonna have to do.

Back