Front bumper Plans 2000 XLS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front bumper Plans 2000 XLS

DiPiazza1277

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer xls
Looking for some plans for a front tube bumper for my 2000 ford explorer XLS. Bought it with a messed up bumper and looking for a durable upgrade. I don't really like the pre-runner style. Something cheap and simple that i can mount lights and license plate to.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It seems hard to find anything like that anymore, I have had a wanted ad in the appropriate section of the forum and have gotten nothing yet. My ex was totaled a couple days ago and it messed up the bumper and passenger fender and I plan on building one out of some steel tubing. It might be a couple weeks but I will either post pictures here or send you a message when I get it done so you can see it, I could also make some plans for building it if you are able to weld. And if you get creative you could easily build one with some tube and a bunch of parts from home depot that would look decent. I have seen it done on a few first gens and some early rangers around where I live.

Contact James at RLC Welding, he's a site sponsor and does awesome work for pretty cheap.

It seems hard to find anything like that anymore, I have had a wanted ad in the appropriate section of the forum and have gotten nothing yet. My ex was totaled a couple days ago and it messed up the bumper and passenger fender and I plan on building one out of some steel tubing. It might be a couple weeks but I will either post pictures here or send you a message when I get it done so you can see it, I could also make some plans for building it if you are able to weld. And if you get creative you could easily build one with some tube and a bunch of parts from home depot that would look decent. I have seen it done on a few first gens and some early rangers around where I live.

I plan on building it myself. I have the tools, just not the specs and really don't want to just do the trial and error thing haha

I'm not an expert on the subject... but it seems like u could remove the factory bumper, take measurements from it (as far as mounts etc.) And then just design ur own from there. Shouldn't be trial and error.

Sent from my H866C using Forum Runner

Back