• Register Today It's free!

Front end bearing noise awd 5.0

jahosha

Reaction score
City, State
Barrie, Ontario Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 LIMITED AWD 5.0HO
I have a front end noise coming from the left front, sounds like a growling like a wheel bearing. It goes away when i turn the wheel left, ive done both bearings prior and took the drivers side bearing off today and its still good. Leads me to believe that it could be the cv shaft on the left side?. The noise does not go away if the trucks in neutral, as long as its rolling the noise is there. Leads me to believe its either the cv shaft or the front diff. The front passenger side axle seal is leaking as well i have replaced them to. I do not think its the driveshaft because it goes away when on a hard left turn. Any help is appreciated

You wont find a bad one by just looking or turning the bearing when its off the vehicle. There no preload on the bearing or vehicle weight on it. When and what brand of bearing did u change it to.

it's gonna be the left hub if it goes away when you turn left cos all the weight comes off the hub, just had the same issue with mine...

Si

wow.... I was expecting a long search, and reading many threads to eliminate other options of what the noise could be. This is the second thread I read, and the OP described my trucks symptoms PERFECTLY...

soooo.... I'm guessing check the left hub first... IF its not the left hub, what would the second possibility be?

Back