Front end clunking - Sway Bar bushings? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front end clunking - Sway Bar bushings?

I did get them off tonight, and I have bought new TRW kits to go on.

Well they are installed and they work great. Clunking is gone, I would recommend anyone to check these sway bar bushing if you are having front end noise. A cheap and easy fix.

Did you say easy? Sounds like a little work to me...lol. Glad it worked out and got your problem fixed!

bought a new sway bar kit; TRW 18155HD but I can't get my old Links to come off. I have beat them good with a BFH trying to drive the bolt out of the link but no luck. I was going to cut them with a Sawzall or torch unless one else has any ideas??

My OEM parts look a little different that the one in the sticky post on sway bars.
I generally do well with a 4.5 inch angle grinder carefully cutting directly in the center, of course when having the new sway bar link next to me ready to install. This worked fine on several Explorers, a Suburban and my RAM. Method has saved me a lot of time, just saying.

^ Welcome to the forum!

Notice that this topic is over 13 years old. If the sway bar links weren't gotten off by now, I doubt they ever will be. ;)

I too, reach for an angle grinder when it doesn't matter if the part is destroyed. That or a carbide toothed reciprocating saw blade. Not much point in the blade of not carbide, hardened bolts will chew up a bimetal blade in about 5 seconds.

Back