• Register Today It's free!

Front end clunking

rjs09gtr

Reaction score
City, State
Langhorne pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer sport
Need some help guys. I got a bad clunk in the front passenger side of my 13 sport. I read on here most likely lower control arm which I replaced, but the noise is still there. Yesterday while driving on the highway I noticed the steering felt loose and unstable. Also noticed that when sitting still turning the wheel slightly back and forth it also has a clunk sound. Anyone have any advice?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sway bar links are a pretty common culprit as well

Check sway bar links, control arm bushings and strut mounts. Those are common culprits to cause a clunking sound. I have a bad clunk when I go over bumps. I haven't had time to fix it yet lol.

I replaced my control arms and sway bar links, which needed to be done having 111K miles, but still had a minor clunk so I replaced the sway bar bushings(Left and right sway bar bushings are different from each other). Problem solved. Hope this helps you.

Doug S.

Left side steering rack end play.
N2kfSn1.mp4

I dropped the tie rod end, and this is the clunk id hear going in/out of the driveway and now serious wheel wobble under moderate braking.

I dropped the tie rod end, and this is the clunk id hear going in/out of the driveway and now serious wheel wobble under moderate braking.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your mp4 attachment in your previous post does not work.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your mp4 attachment in your previous post does not work.

Peter

Im gonna order the inner tierod replacement part. Does anyone know what the wrench/flats size is on those? There is a special tool for them and they come in a couple different sizes.

Back