• Register Today It's free!

Front end grinding noise

Nimrod52

Reaction score
City, State
Middlesboro KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
My passenger side front wheel area I have a metal grinding noise I changed brake pads front and back both but they were not worn out I still have the noise though and its the same noise as if a pad is worn out and grinding as I drive constantly any ideas as to what I should swap out on it next?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Best check the wheel hub bearing.

So is it a grinding noise while the engine is idling and the vehicle not moving? Or only while moving? or only while braking? Need some more info here to help ya

SupaSwop post: 3593909 said:
So is it a grinding noise while the engine is idling and the vehicle not moving? Or only while moving? or only while braking? Need some more info here to help ya

While driving not

When moving it's a constant grinding sound I've had brake pads be worn so bad that they do the same type of grind but its definitely in the wheel as it turns thanks for any help hopefully its the bearings like the other guy said

Thanks guys it was the bearing had to wait for weather to clear up to work on it but I appreciate the help your awesome

Back