Front End Issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front End Issues

went out to out local wheelin spot (behind dennys:D) this evening after work, and my passenger side axle pivot nut came off and pulled halfway out causing the beam to twist, and bend my already cracked superlift drop braket!! my beam is now rubbing on my pass. side axle and dont know why it is. i left it on the rack at work and am going in early tomarrow to try and get it on the road.

But long story short, its time to upgrade! im not sure if i want to stay with the beams and go either extended or turned beams with uniball pivots and coilovers :cool: or just full width like my brother. what are your guys feelings on this "long travel" set up?? i like the idea of being able to get 20"+ of 4x4 travel for the desert and being able to soften up the coilovers and go out to the trails.

thanks for any imput!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

full width d44 or d60 and never worry about those drop brackets or d35 ttb again.

I agree! SAS time. I mean you live 45 minutes from the rubicon, not Glamis:) The time will come to build a dezert truck.

okay guys. I got paid today and going axle hunting this weekend! im looking for a waggy 44, and planning to run a 3 link set up with coilovers. not 100% on the coilovers yet but definately the link set up and the waggy D44. im planning on running the stock 8.8 rear get rid of my superlift spring over and weld on pearches and some warrarior length shackles for the rear.

how about some imput??

waggy axle fits well. Make sure when you set it up you keep an eye on pinion angle. with mine I was binding the front u joint before I put the doubler in.

i have just been reading through IZ's and Michael's 3 link write ups, looks like i have more and more and then some more reading and research to do before i start cutting up the X. my focus is to get the axle and start rebuilding it and researching the link set up.

Back