• Register Today It's free!

Front End Noise

BadAzzexplr

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 5.0 AWD
I have 1997 Ford Explorer V8 AWD. I recently am running to a problem where I have a clunkying noise when i go over bumps. I checked my sway bar ends and the bushings were worn, so I replaced them. Within in two weeks they worn again. I have put new shocks on the front end, upper control arm left and right, upper ball joint, lower ball joints and sway bar bushings. I am completly lost because I just put in Moog Poly bushing sway bar ends and I thought I solved the problem and after a week they are worn and loose and the noise has returned.

Anyone have any ideas, I don;t do any off roading. I mostly do highway driving.

any help would be great

Can you take a picture of where they are worn? That does not sound normal at all. Makes me think the end links may not be put together right.

I will try to take a picture. How do you upload them? Also I forgot to add its always the right side sway bar end that becomes loose. I am able to turn the post in a matter of 5 days. Another thing is my right tire is wearing on the inside and I had the alignment checked and it was in spec.

I have pin pointed the problem I think, the outer tie rod end has alot of play on right side. When I bounce the truck sometimes I get a vibration and squeak. This joint I belive is sealed, so the soloution is to replace it? The part that is squeaking is the one closest to the wheel, it makes a similar noise to when your control arm is going.

Back