• Register Today It's free!

Front End

45Frank

Reaction score
City, State
Blue Ridge Mnts of WNC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLS
About a yr ago had ball joints replaced and rack, at the time the wheel was slightly to the left, After alignment it was slightly to the right. Since then when I hit 70mph there was always a shimmy, bounce or vibration like tires out of balance. Well I never went on the HWY so I didn't care much.
Well this weekend the wheel is back to slightly to the left and I can feel the tires moving as I drive right to left in the steering wheel. The front end when off the ground seems to be tight. The tires aren't the greatest could it be the tires? They do have a solid line going across the tread in several places as when tires get old and worn.

About a yr ago had ball joints replaced and rack, at the time the wheel was slightly to the left, After alignment it was slightly to the right. Since then when I hit 70mph there was always a shimmy, bounce or vibration like tires out of balance. Well I never went on the HWY so I didn't care much.
Well this weekend the wheel is back to slightly to the left and I can feel the tires moving as I drive right to left in the steering wheel. The front end when off the ground seems to be tight. The tires aren't the greatest could it be the tires? They do have a solid line going across the tread in several places as when tires get old and worn.
OK took to get the FE re-alighted and one tire was out but not the problem. The rack he said was pushed in or something like that. Anyway over $500.00 just for hitting a curb.

Yikes!

Back