front lift options for a second gen sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

front lift options for a second gen sport?

7s!ns 99sport

Reaction score
City, State
Albany, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 sport
hey now,
forums been a great reference to me for some time, my first post though

been kindda racking my brain on lift options. Thought Id throw a thread out there that I havent been able to find. -Front lift options on a 4wd 99 sport? torsion bars suspension up front...besides a small selection of big priced torsion bar drop bracket kits,
Do i have any other options? for about 3-4 inches.
besides clearance is there any other issues with a torsion bar drop kit as compared to a coil spring lift?
anybody educate me on why they use a torsion bar in the front on later ex's? any input is much appreciated.

try a search of this forum and you should find all you need for that kinda lift, you can do a torsion twist for 1.5-2" otherwise its the 2000 dollar 4" trailmaster lift, thats if you want to do a suspension lift, otherwise you can do a 3" body lift which costs about 100 dollars for the kit

my guess as to why they used torsion bars (again my guess) is so that the 4x4 axles werent in the way of any spring or coilover or vise versa. a lot easier to use a spring that runs underneath everything instead of between it, thats the only reason i could come up with as to why they would use a t bar.

Back