• Register Today It's free!

Front right control arm

hbermu

Reaction score
City, State
El Mirage, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Ford Explorer Spor Tra
Hello guys. GBY all. Need to change the front right control arm on my 02 Sport Trac. Problem is, all auto parts have same single control arm, and mine has two but It´s hard to find the upper one(with the bushings). Did they redesign the suspension for a single one, can I use the single one or should I keep looking for the 2 parts?
Thanks!!

You can use either a one-piece or the 2-piece UCA on the passenger side. If you UCA bushing are still okay, the 2-piece outer is way easier to replace. The 2-piece design was OE and allowed for more camber adjustment, but many here have switched to the one-piece design w/out any issue.

You can use either a one-piece or the 2-piece UCA on the passenger side. If you UCA bushing are still okay, the 2-piece outer is way easier to replace. The 2-piece design was OE and allowed for more camber adjustment, but many here have switched to the one-piece design w/out any issue.
Thank you for your prompt answer. It brings me peace of mind. I went to different auto parts stores,,,they only had the one one piece, but they could not answer if it was ok to switch from 2 piece to 1 piece. I even called one of the manufacturers and no answer either. Now I can go and get the one piece, and save money at the same time. Thank you a lot!

Back