Front vents not blowing any air but rear and ceiling do. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front vents not blowing any air but rear and ceiling do.

atheriault55

Reaction score
City, State
HAMPDEN, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 explorer XLT AWD 3.5
I have a 2017 ford explorer xlt with 43k miles. Recently lost front blower vents but the back and ceiling vents work on all settings. Any idea what would cause this? where should I begin? also recently lost front passenger side LED low beam and signature drl (but turning and highbeam work.)

I have a 2017 ford explorer xlt with 43k miles. Recently lost front blower vents but the back and ceiling vents work on all settings. Any idea what would cause this? where should I begin? also recently lost front passenger side LED low beam and signature drl (but turning and highbeam work.)

Drop glove box and inspect blower motor / blend door actuator

Drop glove box and inspect blower motor / blend door actuator
I’m actually doing that right at the moment. Not entirely sure what I’ll be looking for. But figured that may be the issue. Also have no power to the passenger low beam led and drl, but have high beam and turn signal. I feel like the issue occurred on the same day or at least within a few days. Odd

I’m actually doing that right at the moment. Not entirely sure what I’ll be looking for. But figured that may be the issue. Also have no power to the passenger low beam led and drl, but have high beam and turn signal. I feel like the issue occurred on the same day or at least within a few days. Odd
I'm dealing with this issue on my Explorer PIU, in my case the blower works most of the time and then all of a sudden cuts out while driving or when you hop in the vehicle and doesn't work.

I've traced mine to the power wires that plug into the very bottom of the blower under the passenger footwell below the glove box or possibly the connector that plugs in just past the blower at the back of the footwell there. Mine appears to have some bad kinks in the wires right before the connectors so not a good spot to splice new wire in, so I'm looking for a replacement plug/harness to splice in. In mine, I can wiggle that wire around a bit near the connector when it's not working the blower magically starts working again. You might want to check that plug for power or move those wires around before you go ripping the dash and glove box apart.

Back