front wheel bearing

oij040173

Reaction score
City, State
Paramaribo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac XLT
Hi,
I just want to know if you have to replace the whole front wheel hub assembly or is it possible to replace the bearing only?
Thanks,
Orlando

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depends if yours if 4x4 or 2wd. If it is 4wd then, yes, you do have to change the whole hub. Its not very hard at all. And if it is 2wd then all you have to do is replace the bearing.

It's a 4x4. Many thanks for the info. I also noticed the step by step do it yourself procedure. I hope I can find the hub locally (in Suriname)

Welcome to the forum Orlando! If you can, see if they can get a Timken hub/bearing...

Depends if yours if 4x4 or 2wd. If it is 4wd then, yes, you do have to change the whole hub. Its not very hard at all. And if it is 2wd then all you have to do is replace the bearing.

Yeah its not hard but I recommened a breaker bar to remove the bolts that hold the hub in place, on my truck they were very tight and I couldn't remove the bolts with just a rachet, even on hubs I had replaced myself in the past.

Back