fuel Injector cleaner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fuel Injector cleaner

silvermelon19

Reaction score
City, State
Waldorf MD
Well my valves rattle pretty bad now, and im pretty sure explorers should only use 87 octane gas... I asked a friend about this and he said theres no why to advance the timing on the truck and its prob carbon built up on the pistons and I remeber reading about this many of times on the fourm.... He said to use fuel injector cleaner and it gets rid of the carbon build.... Does this work if I use it and what brand should I get.... Should I use it every Fill Up??????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Use SeaFoam poured directly into a vacuum line. It will smoke like mad for a few minutes but it'll do the best job of cleaning the fuel system of any product out there.

A decent alternative would be Lucas Fuel Injector cleaner or SeaFoam into the gas tank instead.

Carbon buildup is one common cause of ping. Try the suggestions above to clean out the carbon.
A few other common causes of engine ping:
Dirty MAF
Leaking lower intake manifold gasket (can usually tighten the bolts, though, on occasion, the gasket needs to be replaced).
Other vacuum leak/air intake leak.

Seaform????? and pour into a vaccum line?????

yes, all the vacuum lines lead directly to the intake manifold which is a very direct way of getting the cleaner to where it has to go

Back