fuel pump problem need help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fuel pump problem need help

Junkyarddog

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ranger
ok guys got a question for you, I recently replaced my fuel pump with a new one because the old one died out, The new fuel pump i got is acting up my truck takes longer to start and sometimes it idles rough and i dont here the pump buzzing like when my old pump was working good . I made sure there was no leaks leaks and the wires are fine and im getting proper voltage. my question is this i have another fuel pump that i can swap it till i can exchange the pump thats in the tank now but the one that i have flows 177 Lph would i be able to put that in for now or would i need a after market regulator? and would the pump mess anything up? thanks for any help in advance guys

The new fuel pump i got is acting up my truck takes longer to start and sometimes it idles rough and i dont here the pump buzzing like when my old pump was working good .
What kind of pressure is the new pump generating? That should tell you if the pump is working or not.

i have another fuel pump that i can swap it till i can exchange the pump thats in the tank now but the one that i have flows 177 Lph would i be able to put that in for now or would i need a after market regulator? and would the pump mess anything up?
I'm not sure what the stock pump's volume spec is. I do know that it needs to be able to generate at least 40 psi pressure. If it can generate that much or more pressure, I suspect it would work ok. If it can only generate a few psi, it doesn't matter how much volume it can move.

Back