• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Reset light on...

mdriggan

Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer Expedition
On the way to work this afternoon, the fuel reset light stayed on. What does this mean and how much is it going to cost?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I checked the owners manual for this info and I still cannot find the switch. Where the arrow points, there is nothing there. Looks like it is pointing under the dash, but I dont see anything that looks like the pic in the book. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

Hmmmmm, guess not............

According to the owner's manual, the fuel pump reset switch is located behind the kick panel on the passenger side (under the glove box). I never had to actually tamper with it, so I can't give you any more detailed instructions on finding it, unfortuantely.

However if the truck still drives normally with that light on, I would assume that it misread something (when the switch shuts off for real, there's no power to the fuel pump, therefore you can't even start the engine). Try resetting the computer by disconnecting the battery for approx 10-15 minutes, and then reconnecting it again. If it doesn't work, I guess some kind of a sensor is bad or there's a short somewhere causing the light to come on.

Well just as mysteriously as the light came on, it went off. Very strange :confused:

I was hoping someone here would say what it is. I was inside of my 99 cluster yesterday, and noticed that wording on the left side of the cluster.

When I first started my 99 SOHC, the battery light was on. Does anyone know what that points to? Regards,

Back