Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 61 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I see a second gen...
Thank you, and yes there is a def a 2nd Gen in the background. That was my 98 Sport. Had it prior to my 05 EB. Sometimes miss that truck. Lifted, Aussie Locker, BWM....*sigh* so fun off road. I know this is for 3rd Gen's but here is one pic of the old rig right before I got my EB....

IMG_3000.jpg

And one of the EB on the trails...

17thline2.jpg

I really need to get some updated shots.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you, and yes there is a def a 2nd Gen in the background. That was my 98 Sport. Had it prior to my 05 EB. Sometimes miss that truck. Lifted, Aussie Locker, BWM....*sigh* so fun off road. I know this is for 3rd Gen's but here is one pic of the old rig right before I got my EB....

And one of the EB on the trails...

I really need to get some updated shots.

I will admit second gens are definately a fun off-roader. I have one 2nd gen and a 3rd gen and the second gen is way better off road, not to mention more fun. :D
Only thing that worries me about a lift kit (seeing your 05 is/was lifted) is the fact that wheel travel is reduced, and flex is what is needed. Not sure what to do on a lift as the stock height is definately not enough.

I will admit second gens are definately a fun off-roader. I have one 2nd gen and a 3rd gen and the second gen is way better off road, not to mention more fun. :D
Only thing that worries me about a lift kit (seeing your 05 is/was lifted) is the fact that wheel travel is reduced, and flex is what is needed. Not sure what to do on a lift as the stock height is definately not enough.

Was lifted. And yes wheel travel was huge issue, as was the angle of my ball joints and my rear axels rubbing the frame loops. You are right, stock isn't enough clearance and the spacer lift gives you more clearance but that comes at a cost elsewhere.

I had 2.25/2" spacers on the EB. I actually got about 3.5"-4" of lift out of those spacers. I'm of the opinion that a 1.5"/1" spacer set up would net about 2-3" of lift without the pitfalls being as severe. The only problem is I'm not willing to pay $200-$300 again to see if it actually works.

I'll be putting on a set of 1.75/1.5 soon. I'll post how well it does or doesn't do as far as lift achieved, "side effects", etc.

I look forward to seeing how they work out. I'd really love to lift my Ex again but I'm not willing to deal with breaking stuff to do it. Did you order these new ones from BTF?

I am a bit lost here.....why do we want snow....

I live upstate and we get snow...and i don't see what so good about it. than with the harsh salt they use dont make it any better.....can someone remind me why they are wishing for snow...lol :D

no snow in forecast is good news....:D:D:D

Anybody remember the february 2007 snow storm. I do....i was stuck and couldn't move..lol..now why do we want this ..AGAIN
5398034253_46e99b4714.jpg
...sorry for the 99 XLT....i know this is a 3rd gen. section but just trying to point out why we DONT want snow..lol

maybe 2nd gens cant handle the task at hand aswell as 3rd gens. :D

The 1.5" body lift has been good so far and no durability issues with that obviously.

Yeah the 1.75/1.5 spacers are BTF brand.

I can't wait to see and hear about the results of that lift. I definately want a 1.75 and 1.5" lift or around that.

So I was looking at a 2008 Nissan Xterra w/Off Road Package (ORP) today, and I will say it sits just right for an SUV. Good approach, ramp over, and departure angles, with plenty of ground clearance. Not to mention skid plates :D
So my goal is to at least be able to acheive the height of that Nissan Xterra w/ORP (off road package), I'd be satisfied.

Finally a couple snow pics.

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

The Ex looks like it belongs there!!!

time to one up you... ;)

DSC_4286.jpg

DSC_4295.jpg

DSC_4341.jpg

oh, forgot to mention I was hauling 500 pounds of salt, shovels, and a snow blower in the back ;)

DSC_4325.jpg

truck did great!

crap i just realized my top rear brake light is out.

crap i just realized my top rear brake light is out.

:D

Ex looks really good rolling down the snow covered roads.

havent had a time to put some more pictures up in a while
here is some christmas pictures of my ex gave is some mud for a present lol:D

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

had to take it into ford for a 120,000 mile tune up yesturday. dad wasnt to happy about the bill. had to get ABS fixed and trany flush and fuel filter changed. ford wanted to change all of my ball joints but i didnt let them b/c i am doing them my-self to save money
here is want she look like now all nice and clean

IMG_0608.jpg

wish i had snow down in texas so i could take pictures in the snow. hope everyone is in joying the snow if u have it.

@ therover- love the off road lights behind the grill. What kind are they?

Awesome photo's guys.

Took a trip into the mountains. Here's a few pictures I took.
1-1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

Snow was about up to the mirrors.
snowheight.jpg

5.jpg

Trail washed out in a few places here's one of the more minor washouts
6.jpg

Fun time, the way down wasn't as fun as there was some sliding in the rear of the Ex. Other than that the trip was easy and I had some fun out there.
Here's on of my favorite pictures I took during the trip.
55.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome pics as usual Nate. :thumbsup:

Hey, does the '98 ever get any trail time or TLC? :p:

Back