Fuel saving tire's(Low rolling resistence) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel saving tire's(Low rolling resistence)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We had an 09 Camry hybrid and didnt really see any improvement in fuel economy over all season tires. And that was daily commuting in DC traffic. The steeper price and lower length of life we went to all season tires

I upgraded to the Goodyear Assurance and got a little better mileage out of them but I must say they are quieter than the Michelin Cross Terrains I had on previously. I've had them on for over a year and around 15K miles and they still look brand new.

I have the Continental Cross Contact LX 20's, with Eco Plus. Have not noticed a marked improvement in mileage, as is claimed. I MIGHT get 1 mpg better...maybe. I would have to drive them for a few more months, to get a good average. But, I usually get 21-22 mpg on long, straight, flat county roads (55 mph). I get 18.5-19 on the interstate (65+). And, 13-13.5 in town. I'll watch my numbers, and post back in a month, or so. ...just put them on a week ago.

Thanks

LX 20,s ECO plus are the ones I was looking for some feedback on would like to know your experience

They were michelins on the Camry. Sorry I know it's not an suv but it's still te Eco tires

can't comment on the tire you want but the LRR tires are not good for winter, they have the worst traction. I have a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid and I got rid of the oem tires since i'm slipping when it's icy on the road. I changed it to all-seasons and didn't noticeable any drop in mpg. In my opinion LRR are just hype.

-----------------------------------------------------------
MY MOUNTY
http://www.facebook.com/diyfordexplorer?sk=photos

Exactly the reason we switched tires. And we had an 07 as well not 09

IMO, the lower resistance tires just have a smoother tread. To that end I'd have to recommend the Firestone Destination tires. They wear like iron and are very quiet. I never bought Firestone before until the Exp. I must say I'm very impressed.

Back