Full Foot Notch, Version 3, Rockwells and more | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full Foot Notch, Version 3, Rockwells and more

well here starts the 3rd version of my truck, right now the 1ton HP D60 was pulled, and the guy paid me for it, and then i paid for front and rear rockwells

so here is the planned setup for this version

-1992 explorer
-4.0V6 (when the engine goes ill decide what goes in, 350k logged miles and still goin)
-carried over from the last setup, chucks SAS hanger kit, and 12" lift springs, which puts me at 19" for that

whats new:
-Front and rear 2.5 ton REO/Military Rockwell Axles, Ujoint style axles
-4" welded perch/stand in the front
-larger perches in the back to compensate for the smaller springs, also welded
-Oversized Ladder bar setup to eliminate any axle wrap
-crossover steering, with possible later addition of hydraulic ram assist
-36" shocks all around(specifically the pro comp 9000's, but if you do research, they are the exact same as the ranchos minus the rancho sticker)
-Wilwood wheel/Hub brake setup all around, with a soon the be fab'd custom hydraulic/cable hybrid parking brake
-20x10" 7"BS custom Steel rims
-either 12.5R20 or 385/80R20 tires, the first one is 41 tall, and the second one is 46" tall, the lift should clear 46s

-later on down the road it may be 4linked in the rear, but thats another $2k to get done

should :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: people :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i was damn near the $10k mark with what i had, but it was going to be street legal

When i do mine (and i will) i will be going for full off road performance. Hydro front and rear, only pinion breaks, 48 or 49 inch tires.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

When i do mine (and i will) i will be going for full off road performance. Hydro front and rear, only pinion breaks, 48 or 49 inch tires.

47" LTBs are in....

well my friends, i no longer own Big Blue ("your my boy blueeeeeeeeee" , nice Old School quote), it sold today. im gonna miss that truck, i feel like the kid who has to put thier parents in the nursing home, hate to do it but for the greater good.

So my bumper is now passed onto some one else.....

TRuck was starting to look good, to bad you sold it.

yeah, its in your neck of the woods now, i think bradenton area, spot your bumper and its the truck

well i got a call from the guy who bought it, he took out the rockwells and is putting 3/4 ton running gear under it, so it shall still live on

thought i would revive it from the dead, found out thru the grapevine that the guy that bought it finally put 1/2 ton running gear, and it was spotted on a trailer at the Chrome Shop Truck Pull here in FL. gonna see if i can track down pics

old school bump

saw my explorer again, its now running dually 1 ton setup, now thats funny right there, the guy put the rockwells under a different truck

Just when I thought it couldn't get any more lame... the new buyer goes and does that!!

Just kidding. To each his own. What truck are you modding these days?

old school bump

saw my explorer again, its now running dually 1 ton setup, now thats funny right there, the guy put the rockwells under a different truck

Same guy own it? WTF, hes was suppose to 1 ton it and give it to his nephew or soemthing like that.... That guys that had it has way to many toys, Lol.

I still havent got to mount my leafs i bought from him yet, gotta buy some steel to make my brackets.

See if you woulda kept it, it would be goign through this torture...:rolleyes:

:D

figure i would drop in and say hi and aint forgot about yall

Whats up Full Foot?

2.5s will meet a explorer on here in the future im still saying that lol

heh so i still hold the high bar of rockwells in an explorer, AND technically it did move under rockwell power.... just around the property

damnit! I just sat here and read this whole thread getting all pumped for the finale and this is what I get? damnit damnit damnit

17 pages of reading for a dumped project... Grrrrrrrrrr!

Holy bumpasaurus Batman!

Original post was back in 2006...

n3m3s1s said:
Holy bumpasaurus Batman!

Original post was back in 2006...

I know I know but after reading all those pages I was a bit disappointed.

Back