Fun on an icy bridge | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fun on an icy bridge

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It freezes/stops at 35% for me. Any suggestions??

Then again I would love to see a bunch of the northerners get a big hurricane and try and get around the city.... We should all switch climates for a year.

Atleast stupid people are used to their own daily environment. This way everyone who hasnt been to both parts often would all be screwed. Sounds good lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I saw this video on another forum a few days ago and i had the same problem with the buffer. All i can suggest is keep trying and eventually it will work.

Originally posted by Black Magic
I have high speed cable and can not get it to load. Just reads buffering! I can't see it!
I've had the same problem for the last few days, but only with this video. :confused:

It finally worked!!!!!!!

Just keep hitting refresh maybe 3 or 4 times.

Anyways, that is crazy. The dark green volvo about half way through the vid is pretty good at emergency manuevers.

Also, is that Jeep XJ going to be at fault for nudging that car infront of it after he was re ended?? just curious.

Originally posted by Silverblade

Also, is that Jeep XJ going to be at fault for nudging that car infront of it after he was re ended?? just curious.

Rear ending is rear ending....IF you rear end someone...you were following too close for the conditions. I wonder if the ice will have any effect on what the insurance adjusters say though...

Originally posted by Crankcase
Rear ending is rear ending....IF you rear end someone...you were following too close for the conditions. I wonder if the ice will have any effect on what the insurance adjusters say though...

Rear ending is not always rear ending. In this case, it was an emergency situation.

If there are three cars at a stop light, and some jerk plows in to the third car, which then hits the second car, which then hits the first car. Anyhow, the jerk is at fault. The two cars in the middle would NOT be responsible.

The weather does have an effect on the insurance. Ice makes it impossible to stop no mater how good your brakes are. If you are driving at the speed limit and not breaking any other laws, hit a patch of ice and crash, it's usually not your fault. If you were speeding or anything then they can say you were driving unsafely.

Originally posted by DocVijay
If you are driving at the speed limit and not breaking any other laws, hit a patch of ice and crash, it's usually not your fault. If you were speeding or anything then they can say you were driving unsafely.
Sadly, I was once ticketed because I wrecked in icy conditions. A few years ago we had a warmer day during winter and it rained. That night the temp. cooled down and it started snowing. The next morning while driving to work on snow covered ice, I lost control at the tp of a hill and slammed a telephone pole at the bottom. I was only going 5-10mph when I lost control and the cop said I was going too fast for road conditions. While sitting in car recieving my ticket, I heard 15-20 calls from the dispatcher about cars sliding into each other and off the road. The cop who gave me the ticket slid into another telephone pole while trying to pull off the road, and the tow truck driver slid right by us because he couldn't stop (my grill and bumper were pushing the engine fan into the rest of the engine). That to me seemed to be a case where the weather was at fault, not the drivers. It all depends on who arrives in the scene. BTW, the cop didn't give himself a ticket for doing the same thing I did.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by stretch
Sadly, I was once ticketed because I wrecked in icy conditions. A few years ago we had a warmer day during winter and it rained. That night the temp. cooled down and it started snowing. The next morning while driving to work on snow covered ice, I lost control at the tp of a hill and slammed a telephone pole at the bottom. I was only going 5-10mph when I lost control and the cop said I was going too fast for road conditions. While sitting in car recieving my ticket, I heard 15-20 calls from the dispatcher about cars sliding into each other and off the road. The cop who gave me the ticket slid into another telephone pole while trying to pull off the road, and the tow truck driver slid right by us because he couldn't stop (my grill and bumper were pushing the engine fan into the rest of the engine). That to me seemed to be a case where the weather was at fault, not the drivers. It all depends on who arrives in the scene. BTW, the cop didn't give himself a ticket for doing the same thing I did.:rolleyes:

Did you fight the ticket? That's one that you could have gotten thrown out considering the conditions and the speed you were going.

We have a tunnel near here, and it is notorious for rear enders....people slow down becuse they are afraid, and get rear ended....even the people who get hit are at fault if they hit the car in front of them....The insurance company wants to share blame, so they pin it on following too closely. If the person in the back is excessively speeding, enough to push a car more than two car lenghts, then they might let the middle guy off.

At a light, you are supposed to be half a car length behind the car in fron tof you...if you are too close, and get hit,hittting the car in front of you, they will nail you....At least here anyway....

Originally posted by DocVijay
Did you fight the ticket? That's one that you could have gotten thrown out considering the conditions and the speed you were going.
No, I was 18 and stupid at the time. I knew nothing about traffic laws or the legal system. Plus, I figured that the cost of the ticket (around $80-90 if I remember right)was better than what a lawyer would cost me. Oh well, you learn from experience I guess.:rolleyes:

I can't get it to work! No matter how many times I refresh the video it still doesn't work, all I get it this...:mad:

Dead Link Removed

gah... I just wanna see the video :(

Originally posted by 02XSport
I can't get it to work! No matter how many times I refresh the video it still doesn't work, all I get it this...:mad:

Dead Link Removed

Thats all I get!?:(

For those using a 56k modem, its a 5min plus video so its gonna take a extra long time.

I have DSL and i let it go for 10mins, and it still just sat there...so i dunno

Maybe it is because alot of folks are watching it now.
When it was first posted I got to see it in like a minute or two and it was showing real time too. The second time was a whole lot longer and it was sort of timelapse. Third time even worst.

Back