Funny story on how to fix a bumper | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Funny story on how to fix a bumper

uncle_ct

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 4x4 sport
I own a 93 4x4 Sport. 65k original miles. So needless to say this is my baby.

It was about 2 am in the morning and i was on the way home 2 Sundays ago after the Bears won the NFC champ game. I noticed a car stalled in the middle of the intersection. It was a gal about 30 or so. She was drunk and worried, so swoooped into action, and told her to put the car into N. She did and i began to push her out of the way, so no cops would grab her for being stupid. While pushing her and not taking my time i failed to realize she had a trailer hitch on with a ball.

Again needless to say, when i got her out of the way and tried to stop i realized she was stuck to my bummer. Hitch had gone under the bumper, with no time to spare, because it looked obviously like we had maybe gotten into an accident and the police may stop. I put my truck in to reverse and pulled back slowly. and yes the bumper got bent a bit

Ok, i know this is stupid, but time wasnt on her side, and i did get her number. (i talked to her once on the phone and knew it would have been better for the cops to have taken her away.)LOL

Instead of buying a new bumper i got back the house and took a log and placed it on a 2 tons jack and jacked the truck up untill the bumper bent perfectly back into shape. You cant even tell anything ever happened. lol

I guess taking that jack and raised in the truck so she could drive off would have been easier, but people do stupid things sometimes,, it was my day to pay the stupid Gods.. lol

Yes the stupidiest thing i have ever done.. GO BEARS..

ive seen a bumper straightened out with a tow strap and a surgical application of throttle from my x. :D

I did that a few times with my old stock rear bumper.. Wrapped it around a concrete base for a lightpole and gave some throttle

As long as it’s fixed! I say right on. As for the drunk chick that was her big break. Go the bears; I'll be rutting them on in a sky box in Miami.

Back