• Register Today It's free!

Fuse For Rear Window Wiper?

SilverStallion

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Is there a fuse for the rear window wiper? I would love to pull it so there is no chance at scratching the back glass. I hate those wipers as they always scratch when used.

Thanks for any help that can be shared.

Darren

The wiper should spray wiper fluid everytime it wipes preventing any scraping of the glass. The wipers never scrape the glass. Usually it is because they are being used dry, then it is a lack of maintenance on the part of the driver that causes the scrapes. I have never had a rear wiper scrape the glass unless you are using it without wiper fluid!

Is there a fuse for the rear window wiper? I would love to pull it so there is no chance at scratching the back glass. I hate those wipers as they always scratch when used.

Thanks for any help that can be shared.

Darren
Darren, if you look in your 2014 Owner's Guide you will find a section on 'Fuses' (page 302). On page 304, it shows fuse #64 as being for the rear wipers. It is in the fuse box that is under the hood. There are also other fuses involved for the front and rear wiper operations. If the water pump is doing it's job, I don't really see where this 'scratching' would be an issue on the rear window any more than it would be on the front windshield.

Peter

Back