rpenner54

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Merc
Well even though it has not even been a week since I got back from the Colors Run, I am allready itchin for another one next year around the same time. I want to either do something in Arizona, or something in Moab. I am sure that others will agree also. If anyone has any ideas toss them out now cause I want to start setting dates to get off work and to plan around. Dead Link Removed Anyone that would like to do something like this respond so we can arrange something again. Mabey this time if we do have a ton of explorers we can get some manufacturers out there ALONG with Ford.

I was thinking somewhere after March 15th would be nice.

Well Let me know

------------------
Ryan Penner
1992 Explorer Sport

[This message has been edited by rpenner54 (edited 10-14-1999).]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well here are some approximations for trips I've figured on, and peopel are welcome to correct me here, seeing as how I am no expert on weather, etc. I figured march might be a good month do an arizona run, and April would be a good time to do Moab. I don't know what flooding can be like around that time, btu I know it at least shouldn't be too hot. Any more ideas are welcome, I want to do those trips but know nothing of the area and/or weather.

April is a great month for Moab, but what about the hords of JeUeNpK people. I know of at least two very large organized runs that month. March may be colder, but at least the crowds haven't decended on the place. Snow would only be a problem at the highest elevations.

Arizon would be great in January. While everyone here in Colorado is freezing, I think,NO,I know I would rather be in Arizona.

Now what about November and December?

I agree with Trace - - and can't wait til March. . . how about a Y2K run the week after Christmas? New Mexico/Arizona???

I don't get my vacation updated until April, so anytime after the 14th would be alright with me. Utah, Az,NM,or Colorado is fine with me. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Paul, I checked with my wife and we don't have any plans for Y2K. An Arizona run would be great.

How about the Coke Ovens, the Rolls and a couple other trails on the outskirts of Phoenix.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Well there are some of us who can't get away untill later on in the month in January. So I would propose that we do Jan 15-17th in Arizona, and then after that we can think about moab! Dead Link Removed Rick let us know if this works and if it does can you help handle the details seeing how you live down there and no on else does. Dead Link Removed I would really like to see Arizona, from the pictures it looks really nice!

------------------
Ryan Penner
1992 Explorer Sport

Rick -
Knowing that its impossible to accomodate everyone's schedule - - you might want to just throw out a few date options and see which one works best for the majority of folks. Although 15-17 January is a three day weekend (MLK), it'll be too far for us from Kansas.
Terri and I still plan on doing Route 66 for Christmas/Y2K, so if you want to link up and run some trails (a "pre-run" of sorts), that would be great.

How bout putting the Moab trip on the week-end before Easter Jeep Safari? I could use the excuse that I want see the famdamily on Easter to justify the 3000 mile round trip drive. We could hit Poison Spider Mesa, Lion's Back, Above the Rim, Hells Revenge. Gotta calm down! I can't tell you how sick of wheeling only mud pit eastern trails!

------------------
HIX

"Put the hammer down, she likes it rough!"

http://members.xoom.com/hixhix/HIX/hixhomepage.html

I would like to work on the Arizona Run first. Who would like to come to Phoenix for some winter wheelin'? The weather should be perfect, highs in the 70's lows anywhere from the 30's to the 50's. Most likely the 50's unless a cold front is coming through (not likely).

There are several scenic and challenging trails outside of the city.

Paul would like to do a Y2K run for the New Year. Can anyone else make it Saturday Jan 1 and Sunday Jan 2??

Ryan likes Jan 15-17 any takers for that weekend??

Regarding Moab, the place will be crawling with Jeepers a week before hand and there are other events that take place after the Jeep Safarai. May would be better than April or March.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

I could go on the Moab trip in the spring.

I'm one of those computer geeks that will be working the y2k rollover...

I had a ton of fun on the Fall Colors Run!

PS: Nice job on the Fall Colors Trip Report.

Ford is already interested in our next run. Rick Haas e-mailed me today and he said he has preliminary approval to bring pre-production and new releases to the run for us to check out and possibly drive.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Well I know that lots of people probably have some kind of Y2k deal going on with their work. So that is my reasoning for bringing up the dates that I did. What I would propose is do a majority takes all for the date on the Arizona run, and anyone who can't make it and wants to do other dates should talk with Rick and see if they can get in some pre-running or post-running. I threw out MLK day just because it makes it easier for those of us who don't have to many vacation days (Me) not have to use so many up. I would be totaly ready to test drive a new Explorer. Hopefully I will have my explorers Dents repaired by then. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Ryan Penner
1992 Explorer Sport

Hey guys,

I'd love to come 4bying, and I'd love to test drive a new Exploda, so count me in on ALL of the dates mentioned above...I'll be on Summer vacation by then, so I'll have all the time in the world!!

Just one thing, can someone spring a ticket for me and freight charges for my truck from Australia? Cheers Dead Link Removed

BK
[feeling shafted and crapped out at living in the arse end state of the arse end country at the arse end of the world]

ps. LIFTED 98 EXPLORER!!! WOOHOO!!!...sorry, still not out of my system yet...

------------------
Don't forget to put your pants on.

Meatycrab, you just need to figure out a way to have your own Explorer run down under. Get together with Paul Golby and set something up.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Rick, How long did it take you to travel home from Salida? I will have vacation time availible in January, so any date is fine. I won't be able to commit until December, since I will be moving my family just as soon as the house sells.

Moab is a definite.

Trace, it took about 11 hours with a long stop in Flagstaff for dinner and to stretch my legs.

Flagstaff is only 2 hours from Phoenix, but I was getting tired.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

I know that Paul and Barry are going to call me a wimp for this, but 14 hours is a long way to go for a weekend. I vote for the three day weekend on the Phoenix run. At least then I can enjoy a 5 day vacation.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I vote for New Year's weekend. The official holiday (day off from work) will be either Fri the 30th or Mon the 3rd, so its a three day weekend either way. Put me down as definite for Y2K, probable for MLK, and possible for Moab.

Back