Gas Mileage Drop after fuel filter??? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gas Mileage Drop after fuel filter???

I only run WIX filters, the Premium line at that. As an FYI, Fram has great marketing, but that doesn't mean they have great filters. I see so many people swear by lines like Fram and Moog, when really, they are economy lines that every one talks about and thus believes they are quality.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ive heard FRAM oil filters are the absolute worst...attesting to your statement [MENTION=226817]Number4[/MENTION]

Why'd you replace the timing chains? Anyone else do this as a preventative maintenance?

I replaced my timing chains because they were rattling.. They were extremely loose once I got in there, and were actually rubbing the oil pump. A pump failure was immanent if I had not changed them when I did.

I replaced my timing chains because they were rattling.. They were extremely loose once I got in there, and were actually rubbing the oil pump. A pump failure was immanent if I had not changed them when I did.

Did you lift the engine to drop the pan?
Any pointers on this? I'm needing to do mine.

Back