Gas Mileage with 3.23 ??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gas Mileage with 3.23 ???

protomind

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited Edition
What kind of mileage does the 3.23 rearend get? It seems I am getting not too great mileage. Never over 16 miles a gallon. Computer tells me that nothing is wrong anywhere. I dont drive with a lead foot or anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're highway would go up a little bit, but city would go down as im sure you already know. Can't quote numbers but I definitely don't think that it would be worth regearing. By the time you sank 2k into new gears (bought and installed professionally and assuming 4x4) it would take a lot of miles to recover that kind of one time expenditure.

My parents expo gets around 23-24 on freeway, its 2wd by the way. It got 27 mpg once and have never been able to get it again. :(

i have 3.55 gears in mine and i can get 23-24 highway avg, if i baby it and go about 65. city im about 16-18, again if im gentle, which im usually not.

Well I seem to be getting about 16 ON THE FREEWAY, I am not exactly sure why though. I did the computer test and got 111, just went and had a NJ state inspection and passed with flying colors.
The only thing is that I have not been able to test out is a full tank on the freeway only. So unless my mileage is very bad in the city and good on the freeway I must be getting poor mileage.

Back