• Register Today It's free!

Gas splashing out of filler neck

bfrombeebe

Reaction score
City, State
Beebe, Ar
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Sport Trac 2wd
Does anybody else have a problem with gas splashing out of the filler neck when you are putting in gas?

I have the nozzle in good, and sometimes it cuts off after about $5.00 and gas splashes back on me. If it doesn't cut off on its own, and I stop pumping, gas will also splash back on me. Anybody else have this problem?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same problem when I fill up at older-style pumps and I fail to fit the tube completely into the filler neck. On these older pumps I also have to fill it slower to avoid it cutting off prematurely and splashing gas out of the neck. Hope that helps some.

Tom

MAN! that totally happened to me last winter....some how some road slush got up into the air release hose that runs parallel to the fill hose. so the air pressure in the tank built, untill the gas came back out at me. I had to cut the hose so I could get gas in ... anyways...DO NOT CUT THE HOSE!!! all you have to do is unclog it some how.... itf it's frozen, park it in a heated garage for a day or so...if it's dirt...??? Just clear that air line, and problem solved...

witch reminds me...maybe I should fix that properly before it gets cold...

happens to me a lot,,i heard it had something to do with "a sensitive air-lock"

well, it hasn't happened since I duct taped it back together...kinda makes me NOT want to fix it....

yeah, vent hose is probably plugged.

Back