Gauge pod

RFR2212

Typing Police
Reaction score
City, State
In the mug by Chitown
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 JEEP Wrangler
Got the pod and gauges in this weekend... Gotta put the senders in next weekend. Dunno where the water temp gauge sender is gonna go in, but my trans temp will probly go directly into the trans pan, so that's gonna be a fun thing to install... here's a pic..

Oh and more pics later this week, with the new head unit and XM going in...

Attachments

• gauge 1.jpg
    gauge 1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 374

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look like Autometer Phantom series gauges but I could be wrong. Pics and info on the sender installation would be great! Looks good so far.

Those gauges would match the white gauge faces I still have to install very nicley...

**Glances over at white gauge faces sitting on desk**

Oh well so many projects so little time.

Good luck on the sender install.

-Matt

I think I know where the coolant one is located on the engine.. But I've gotta search into that. I've gotta take and pull the trans pan and tap into it for the trans temp but that's not too tough. As for the gauges they're 2 1/16th Auto Meter Phantom electrical gauges. Maybe when doin the car audio crap, I'll get a night shot of everything lit up. They look neat, but too bad they're a pain to install and remove, cause I'd pull em back out and put on the lil red cover for the light bulb, which would give me a red glow instead of the regular yellow light color.

Looks very nice and clean, good job.

whats the Part number for the guage pod and where did you order it from

Thanks

Ryan

Ordered it from jegs, and the part number is 105-15308. MrMatt is correct, and it's for 95-99 sploders but it works fine... Just did some slight filing on two edged to make it a slightly tighter fit.
Pete

Originally posted by Black Magic
That same part number works for my O1 Sport. I would really like to see your night pics.

My best shot at getting a night shot this evening...

Attachments

• gauges night.jpg
    gauges night.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 312

Looks good, Do they come with various color covers for the bulb or just red?

Oh and I think you should have got the next size up for your Tach ;) hehe

-Matt

Hi RFR2212! Do you find those gauges distracting at night or is it something that you get used to?

Um the gauges came with lil covers to make them either red or green... I wish I tried em out before hand, but live and learn... Those pics, they're yellow, standard bulbs, but the pics aint the best...

Rarely are they distracting, and if they are bothering me, I just turn down the dimmer a bit and then the problem is solved.

If you get a tranny oil filter [the spin-on type like an oil filter that mounts in-line] it has a nice little spot for your sensor right on it.I got mine from summit.

RFR2212, Looks like you did a good job on the install.

Can you tell me if this pod will fit either A-pillar or will it only fit the left hand side ? I think I would prefer to have it on the passenger side instead of being a distraction right under my nose.

RFR2212 Thanks! That is what I was looking for. I think I like those. I will try a different color though. Thanks again.

I use the green slip cover on my bulbs. They match the dash a little better. Mine look almost the same, except I mounted two dual pods for four gauges. I also ran a small toggle switch to my dash so I can turn the light on/off when wanting.

Black Magic - sorry I never posted a pic of my dual pods. I have been moving to Salt Lake City from Atlanta, and things have been a little upside down. My X is still in Atlanta until my house is finished being built here, but as soon as I can get a pic from it - you'll have it...

Originally posted by jnsnwt
RFR2212, Looks like you did a good job on the install.

Can you tell me if this pod will fit either A-pillar or will it only fit the left hand side ? I think I would prefer to have it on the passenger side instead of being a distraction right under my nose.

I can't give you a for sure answer, but I'd have to guess no.

I could install a light switch it'd be easy and maybe someday I might. If I'm ever bored, I might go back and install the light covers to make em green.

here are some pics...

Stock water temp sender:
2150stock_water_temp_sender.jpg

New water temp sender:
2150new_water_temp_sender.jpg

All this is located on the intake on the passenger side by the alternator...

Since I had to work today, i didn't really wanna do tons, so tomorrow I plan to plumb in the trans temp sender.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone done oil press?

Back