G'Day from Sydney , Australia

jaskel

Reaction score
City, State
Westen Sydney, Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
Gday guys and girls,

My name is Jason and i live in the wester part of Sydney at the base of the Blue Mountains and I recently got a 2000 XLT Explorer and am lovin it, they are a great car even with the crap fuel consumption

I am looking at putting a billet grille on it and lowering it and putting bling bling 20's..I am also looking at putting in a TV setup.

Look forward to seeing all the good info on the forum andf ill post a pic once i get it.

See ya all around

Jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, howdy mate and welcome to the best Explorer site on the Internet!! You will find loads of stuff pertaining to your new truck....just remember, the search button is your best friend

See ya around Jason :D

G'day Mate!! Welcome to the best Explorer site in the world!

Hi jason
Welcome to the site good to see another Australian on the site, there are quite a few of us here.
have fun playing with your XLT and hope the price of petrol AUS$1.13.00 per Ltr starts to fall soon.

Phillip

G'day mate, Brissy here.
Crap fuel consumption? My '96 only gets a bit worse than the EB falcon it replaced.
Make sure the petrol you use doesn't have ethanol in it, it gives you crap consumption.

I know it's hard with the prices you guys pay down there.

It's not real easy to get 20s in that stud pattern and offset but TSW has a few styles.
It's the same PCD/ offset as the pre AU Falcons.

When you lower it, you'll be flat out finding shocks for it. The only shocks I could find were for lifted cars.

I ended up buying 2nd hand Gas Magnums for a GQ Patrol shocks that hadn't been fitted in the Trading Post and welded the bits from the old shocks on to make 'em fit.

You WILL need shocks.

jaskel said:
hey thanks guys, dont worry I know how to use the sarch button very well ;)

LOL, he beat everyone to it, welcome to the site!

Welcome :D

Flash said:
G'day mate, Brissy here.
Crap fuel consumption? My '96 only gets a bit worse than the EB falcon it replaced.
Make sure the petrol you use doesn't have ethanol in it, it gives you crap consumption.

I know it's hard with the prices you guys pay down there.

It's not real easy to get 20s in that stud pattern and offset but TSW has a few styles.
It's the same PCD/ offset as the pre AU Falcons.

When you lower it, you'll be flat out finding shocks for it. The only shocks I could find were for lifted cars.

I ended up buying 2nd hand Gas Magnums for a GQ Patrol shocks that hadn't been fitted in the Trading Post and welded the bits from the old shocks on to make 'em fit.

You WILL need shocks.

Does anyone else from the states feel like this guy is speaking another language???? :confused: haha :D

dman726749 said:
Welcome :D

Does anyone else from the states feel like this guy is speaking another language???? :confused: haha :D

Iam. It's called English. Bwahahahahaha!

wow man thats exactly what i want?
Is that the same shape as 1998 model?

do you mind if i ask what price you paid and what to look for when buying one??

i am in Manly,Sydney

jaskel said:
I just lowered it on the weekend...

I meant to tell you that Repco has all the lowering stuff.

You did alright anyway.

Did you shorten the bump stops?

Back