G'day from WA.

Sandgroper

Reaction score
City, State
West Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998xlt wagon v6
G'day all
have inherited the X from wife and she old girl needs a birhtday. The car not the wife, I'll be taking the X on a gold hunting mission through the great state of WA over the next few years. At the moment every thing is standard, we have had the timing chains( and bloody guides) done. Can someone tell me what to check befor heading bush proper. Cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for getting back to me mate, its SOHC 4L (im not only new to this car im new to the computer) Cheers

Hello from the OTHER WA....that would be Washington State, USA...

I personally like the Australian accent (seriously, who doesn't?), I even had the Australian Female voice on my GPS last year. But the local 'State Highways' are called 'WA-167', 'WA-512' or 'WA-3'...and everytime my route would take me onto one of those roads, my GPS lady would say 'merge onto 'Western Australia 167'.....LOL

Welcome to the site!

Ryan

welcome

G'day mate, hows it goin'? Nice to see another West Aussie on the board, and sweet name. Has your x been serviced regularly? As long as filters and fluids are good then you should be right. Just take plenty of water and maybe an epirb if your going deep bush, Theres only a few of us on here and we dont want to lose any.

If you can give us some details(how many K's has she done) about your ford and post a thread in the 95-01 section these blokes will be able to sort you out quick smart. What they dont know about explorers isnt worth knowing. With most issues a search can be done at the top of the page, Worth having a squiz.

Take it easy and Merry Xmas.

Back