• Register Today It's free!

gears

hunter5

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 sport trac
im looking into geting 4.10s with a locker for my 02 st are all sport tracts 31 spline axles?how hard is it to put the gears in ?and what about the locker is it a pain ? does anyone have any of these parts used here? ill also need to swap the grears in the front axle.is it alot harder that swaping the rear?who makes a locker or limited slip for the front?sorry for all the qs i cant find a website that will break down the whole axle code or build code.:exp: :exp:

Are you sure you don't have 4.10's already? All Tracs have a 31 spline rear 8.8" axle. To change the front gears you have to take the pumpkin all the way out.
As far as I know, the Powertrax No-Slip is the only front locker and I'm told they quit making it for this application. I have heard, but cannot confirm, that Reider Racing can modify a Detroit True-Trac to fit the front for not a lot of money.

im looking into geting 4.10s with a locker for my 02 st are all sport tracts 31 spline axles?how hard is it to put the gears in ?and what about the locker is it a pain ? does anyone have any of these parts used here? ill also need to swap the grears in the front axle.is it alot harder that swaping the rear?who makes a locker or limited slip for the front?sorry for all the qs i cant find a website that will break down the whole axle code or build code.:exp: :exp:

Look on the tag on the diff it will tell you the gear which are in the vehicle stock. No codes to decifer or anything.-jh

you might check out aussielocker.com...:D i'm not sure what is in the sporttracs but i found my Project X's lockers there and my front will be in within a week i hope...

Back