• Register Today It's free!

Gen2 Grille/Bumper Options

nolimitssjca

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT, 96 XLT, 97 Mounty
I was thinking I would like to update the look of my 95-xlt by changing the front end. I was hoping to get some suggestions on different options from you guys.

What bolt-on frontends, grills, bumpers, paintable or chrome have you seen that change the look? Provide some links if you have them.

I was thinking about paintable bumpers, updated lighting, fancy grille. You get the idea.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've always prefered the look of the 2001 front bumper. I've been recently looking into using the 2001 Sport model front end to modify the look of my 98. Kinda looks like a Ranger. But I've been having a hard time getting details and finding cheap parts to see if they fit first.

the 2001 sport and sport trac model bumper will fit a gen II explorer but you must also use the header panel, headlamps, brackets, fenders and hood.

this will also leave you with some funny looking front fender bulges that wont match the rest of your truck

I also want to put a sport trac front clip on my Gen 2 ex...problem is the ones in the junkyard are all hit in the front or they want $1200 for all the parts

Maybe between us we could find enough parts to make them all work?

Do the buldges go away if you have the whole clip or is it just a problem no matter what?

Back