• Register Today It's free!

gettin started

900993-Trey

Reaction score
City, State
Ellendale, ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Eddie Bauer
hey yall. bone stock 93 EB that is a daily driver. i cant afford to have her down for more than a day (sundays) to do stuff, but id like some ideas on cheap power adders and/or economy boosters. here in a couple of weeks ill be takin everything from the cats back off, and puttin some 3 inch pipe with a thrush glass pack, and replacin the O2 sensors while im at it, and new plugs and wires, fresh oil, seafoam, and cleanin the MAF. anything else i can do? oh yeah, an electric fan conversion is order as well, but at a different time.

thinkin bout goin to some bigger tires as well. ya think with a set of one inch spacers i could make some 33x12.5s fit? i usually dont flex out the suspension that much, and the body is beat to hell anyways, so im not worried bout rubbin to much, long as im not gonna be makin groves in the tires. lol. also open to trimmin the front fender out a bit if necessary.

let me know what yall know and think! good to be part of another ford enthusiast forum! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was always a fan of the E3 plugs. Jegs has them for $6 each. Little more HP, little better gas mileage over stock.

cool. ive heard a lot of good things bout those. ill be sure to get them instead of regular plugs.

i also cleaned the MAF with some brake cleaner today, and fixed the stretched out throttle cable, so i now have true, full throttle again. :) also checked the air pressure to 42 psi on all four tires.

anything else?

if you're good with a wrench and have a buddy, you can do a 2" or 3" body lift in a day. You'll need that plus some trimming to fit 33's. And 33's will need gears to not suck.

Stick with the tune ups...

Read a little about the "budget suspension" stuff on this forum. Factory spacers, shackles, etc will get you a couple inches and can be done in a day for sure.

well, what would be involved in a two inch suspension lift? i know how to go bout it on the back, but could i get away with just addin two inch lift coil overs on the front? and do any of yall experience a bit of "dog walkin" or "rear steer" on corners under power? i cant really prove it, but i just have this feelin that the back axle walks around a bit when im goin around corners and whatnot...

Back