Getting closer to my full width 3 link sas need some help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting closer to my full width 3 link sas need some help

So as time has progressed i have dug deeper and planned out my full width 3 linked sas im going to do on my 91 explo. I picked up a 9" out of a 77 f150 that i will be using and will be picking up a hp44 off a buddy here soon. The front will end up getting either 12" or 14" coilovers (depending on where I set my ride height on 37s and how we engineer the 3 link). One of my main questions is what are other people running for rear springs? I've been told I should run chevy 63" springs or pre 96' 2wd f150 springs and a whole bunch of other springs. So I decided to just ask around and see what others in the community are running on their crawlers.

Also, I can't seem to find a manual bw1354 to save my life. If anyone has leads on one from an online shop or something like that it would be much appreciated.

My last question is: I've heard that the 5 speed behind the 4 cylinder rangers/bronco IIs have a lower 1st-3rd gear. Is this true? and is it that much lower that it would be worth putting one of those behind my 4.0 for when I'm on the trail?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also, I can't seem to find a manual bw1354 to save my life. If anyone has leads on one from an online shop or something like that it would be much appreciated.

Did you look in the classifieds here on the forum? There's a couple in there.

Didnt even think about that haha thanks ill look!!!

Stock springs flex good enough mine is soa with shackles i wouldnt use 63s but i have heard of the f150 2wd 4 pack if i remember right its 2.5 same width as explorer but the center hole is more offset not centered like the explorers

Stock springs flex good enough mine is soa with shackles i wouldnt use 63s but i have heard of the f150 2wd 4 pack if i remember right its 2.5 same width as explorer but the center hole is more offset not centered like the explorers

Okay cool I'll look into a set of those. what size tires are you running?

and your from oroville?!?! im up there all of the time. do you drive your rig cuz i havent seen it around town?

Back