Getting the Aerostar ready for that big move to FL. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting the Aerostar ready for that big move to FL.

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
Yeah, I'm a snowbird and the Aerostar transfers everything I need. Luggage, Every sort of tool,jacks, electrical testers,AC equipment and supplies, Chain saws, an inversion table......……...everything I don't want to buy 2 of. LOL!
The Aerostar makes a GREAT vehicle down there for the fixer upper we live in. The other car is in the garage.
Makes for a great retirement. Not much rust YET, but some starting on the driver's side bottom toward rear wheel.
Can you tell I LOVE our Aerostar? Yay!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish I was retired, I'm just tired.

I understand. You'll make it though. I worked for 50 years payin' into the SS I receive now.

It's been averaging 18-22 degrees higher than Jackson Ohio lately, so we're ready to go.My garage car down there is a 2003 Lincoln LS , loaded, and powered by a Jag v-8. It's in excellent shape with maybe 90K on it. Runs like a scalded dog! LOL!
I leave the 2004 LS (base model) up here.

Still haven't left. A friend died and we delayed for his funeral. Also I'm just not quite ready. It's only 750 miles or a little less. We stay all night about halfway down. Probably 12 hrs. driving or 13.

have a safe trip!
Sorry to hear about your friend

Thanks! Yes, we were competing concrete contractors, but helped each other out when needed back in the 70s and 80s.He was a heck of a concrete man.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Got down here on December 25th. Not much semi truck traffic on the 24th and 25th. A lot safer trip! Weather is great down here.
Ohio has had some good weather too,until the soakin rain.
Aerostar ran perfectly all the way down. Time for an oil change though. I wish they were still in production.

Well, we've had our fun down here and we're headin back to Ohio. Really been hot and humid here in NE FL. I've put a new Duralast Gold(lifetime warranty covered cost) Alternator and a new drive belt tensioner on, along with a new 850 cca battery,so we're ready to roll back North.
This van is our dependable transfer vehicle for 3 to 4 trips back and forth per year. Now is still young with only 134K miles.

Back