GLAMIS or THaven Nov28th through Dec1st | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GLAMIS or THaven Nov28th through Dec1st

LOL, yeah, that's the tuffest thing is Wheeling a daily driver, it gets very costly because you are putting a lot more miles and wear on it. I'm debating about selling the stang and buying a econo car to drive around in that way I'm not beating up the X on the streets all the time that just makes parts wear out faster.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe you guys shouldn't be getting your trucks airborne!

Its actually ok. I was planning on replacing the parts I am breaking anyway with modified stuff(exceot for the rear axle). These breaks are just speeding up my modification cycle. Aaannnnddd, if anyone asks what I'm doing, its not like I'm modifying my truck, I'm just fixing it!:D

LOL, I never meant for my truck to get airborn though. I'm definately taking it A LOT easier next time I goto Glamis though, it's too expensive not to.:(

Hell yah! Me too man. I don't think I'll ever do that again. Geez that was bad. Hopefully next time I go I'll have a dirtbike so I don't have to abuse my muchine anymore:p

Did you get a hold of camburg Ron?

I feel your pain!

New Tranny/Clutch in '01 = $2,300.00
New spindles/bearings in '02 = $1,300.00
New ring/pinion (4.56) in '02 = $895.00
New brake system in '01 = $1,100.00

Family members were trying to tell me, better yet, *URGE* me to get rid of my Ford, that it was a "money pit", and I told them "You just don't understand!" I couldn't live a day, driving a Hyndai to work on the 215. All of those beat-up looking folks driving their beat-up buckets - I'm just not going out like that.:rolleyes:
When your family members tell you that your FORD needs replacing with something more, "Sensible" just think about those great times in the desert.

I have this inlaw who is all gung-ho over Hybrid, Alternative fuel vehicles. He told me that my pickup is a "money pit" and that I need to think more about the environment. I told him, "Okay, I'll think more about the environment, but when me and my wife want to drive down to Mexico for a week of washboard, rock-lined canyons, and sandy-beach camping, then, where is this Hybrid gonna go?" He couldn't say anything but, "Then, don't go to Mexico!" I rest my case...:redexp: :exp: :exporange

totally dudes. Its not like they're telling me to get a little gay car or nuthin, they're telling me to get a dunebuggy or an old jeep that I can thrash and not have to drive home on. I admit it would be really fun, and the dunebuggy thing is very tempting, but I can't just give up on the explorer now! I've put so much into it and still haven't reached that goal yet ya know? Coilovers, rollcage, race seats, harnesses, and I'll be happy...for a little while:cool:

I agree Sean, NO "Trailer Queens" here!!!:D

Back