Going all the way with 35's | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Going all the way with 35's

Going BIG!!!!!!!

OK hell yeah. Always go bigger, i am aiming at 35 or 36"'s probab;y 33's on the street. I tell you what $17.00 buys you a pair of leaf spring perches from summit or moroso or mopar... that gives you 5.5-6" rear lift. now you have all that much more money to dump into your front lift cause if you really want to match the 9" in the rear soem of it will be custom. I did my own perches and they worked great, baught them from moroso, had them welded on by a coworker, all it cost was the gas to drive it there. As far as the front end the 3" spindle plus the 1.5" t-twist only gives you 4.5" versus the 5.5-6" you get in the rear from a SOA. If you do the rear SOA you need to assemble the monoleaf and it's block so that they afford the appropriate lift. The idea about the 99 ranger 2wd system might be worth looking into, being that you are in Texas there ought to be some decent shops that do custom lifts and fab work. if there was a 3" lift that you could add the 3" spindles to you would be all set. You should look into the desert racing crowd, like the SOCAL, BAJA, FUDPUCKERS, and all those guys, they always race the latest model stuff and they gotta clear tires somehow. But seriously it is so cost effective if you are going big to go spring over axle, i know you said $ is no issue but if the front is all fabbed then this will pay for some of it. You can always leave the old perches on if you think you may ever reverse it , maybe for selling later.

hope this helps ,

dodgerr

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kyle thanks for the info! I appreciate all you guys helping me out. I will be doing a 3 inch body lift as well so i will have about 7.5 in the front. For the rear i am going to do the 6 inch leaf springs. All i need is about another 1.5 in the front. Is there ANY way to pop in an extra 1-1.5" of lift? I know brian has coil spacers from an f-150. Can i use these for the front? Another question, do you guys think 35's will fit with 9 inches of lift?

thanks,
travis

35's cleared on my truck with only a 6 inch skyjacker so it would appear to me that 9 inches would definetly 35's and fender guy uses 35's with only 4 inches of lift

Where did you find the spindles from Pro Comp. I have never seen tham on the site. Could you point me in a direction? Or did you see spindles for another machine and you figured it would fit?
Thanks

Hey rob! the spindles are under the suspension tab and then under the ranger tab. It talks about the 98-00 ranger/explorer. Now beware, this kit only works with 4 doors. I just realized you have an xlt which means you have a 4 door.... Anyways... Whoa! that is awsome so all i need is 6 inches! For the front...2 inch body with 3 inch spindles torsion bar = 6.5! Im there! So ya really think thats all i need? 6? Hmmmm.... Anyways.. thanks for your help. I need to keep researching..

Travis

Travis,
Didnt you say you worked at BB? I'm heading to Lakelne Mall area this week, tell me what department you are in and maybe I'll drop and say HI.

Hey! Yeah i work monday 3-10, tuesday 3.30-10 wednesday 3-10! I work in cell phone dpmt. I can hook you up with some cool stuff at a good price! I have a question... I have 235/15 wutever tires (stock). I want to do the lifts one at a time. Would it be ok for me to do the 3 inch body lift and leave my stock tires? My main concern is rollover, but I drive slow anyways because my im saving money for 35's! Also, is it ok to have 9 inches of lift in the rear and 7.5 in the front? HA! I talked to a guy at NTB today to get a new rim and i told him what i was gonna do. And needless to say he and i almost got into a fight. He umm kinda made fun of me after i told him it was 2wd. He didn't get a tip. Also, sinjin! Wanna be paid handsomely for doing a 3 inch body lift? Also i can hook you up with wutever you want at Best Buy!

Thanks for everything
travis

[Edited by Paco on 01-14-2001 at 09:46 AM]

Hey Paco, I found the explorer pro comp lift on their site. It looks awesome. Do you know how much it costs? Or do you know any online retailers that sell it. I am also interested in the product. I just don't want the rest of your 6 inch lift! Thanks

hey

hmm i think it is expensive. And i can't locate it either. BTW i am now TURDS. I was PACO. Mattaddams gave me a new name. It stands for TOTALLY UGLY RED DESTROYER and the "S" is supercharged. Which it isnt YET.

thanks
travis

I don't know if you are interested in having custom work done in order to get that much lift, but if you are, there is a shop in San Antonio that is supposed to do good custom work. There web site is http://www.maximumaltitude.com . They mostly seem to work on fullsize Chevy's, but the torsion bar IFS on those is very similar to the newer Explorers. They may be worth a look. I have no experience with them other than getting a lift quote (which was REALLY high), so they may be expensive.

Thanks michael. I think i have everyhing planned out now. My only concern now is how long i have to wait. If my money supply is correct, i could do this slowly, or i could do EVERYTHING to it this summer. I personally think i will do EVERYTHING possible at one time. This is how im going to do it and the prices in which i am expecting to pay:

Front:
3 inch Body lift - 100
3 inch Lift spindles - 540
1.5 Torsion Bar Crank - free

Total lift 7.5

Rear:
Change gears to 4.10 - 500?
EZ locker - 300
3 inch body lift - 0
4.5 inch skyjacker leaf springs - 330

Total lift 7.5

Everything Else:
Custom duals with flowmaster 50's - 400
Superchip - 200
Shocks - 350
Explorer Pro Comp 33/12.5/15's - 950

Total Cost plus 33's: 3670$
Labor assuming body lift is done by Sinjin: 1000?

Grand Total Plus 500 dollars to cover anythink i screwed up on.

= 5170$

Does this sound feasible? If you think i am awry on any of the prices please let me know. If you have any other suggestions, i would like to know as well.

Travis

P.S. This will be done this summer depending on if i get a raise or not. If i have 3.73 gears i will stick it out till October to do the gears.

Thanks
Travis

dude, ive got a 97 2wd X on 35's and i did it for only 1500 including tires. it ain't expensive, it's just hard work. just find a jack, some tools, a buddy with too much time on his hands and a six pack and within a week you can hammer out your lift.

THIS WAS 4 YEARS AGO!!

How do you find this crap? :confused:

Premier said:
THIS WAS 4 YEARS AGO!!

How do you find this crap? :confused:

LMAO ^^^ had to do quite a bit of digging for this one, he gets an E for effort ;)

WOW, this is old. About 4 trucks ago :)

Back