• Register Today It's free!

Good bye...Sold my explorer!

greengoose

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Limited
Last night was a very sad one. I traded my explorer and bought a mini van. Since the purchase of my new home (1 AUG 01) and the arrival of my son (9 May 01). We needed to get a more practical / less expensive vehicle. My 99 Limited was hard to let go.

As my wife said: "Its not just about us anymore...lets stop being selfish." And with that, we bought a 01 Honda Odyssey EX.

I will miss all of you guys greatly!

Hey...I can always buy a used Explorer.

-Greengoose/Bryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:( eventhough you went over to the darkside, we will still welcome you here :) Sorry to here tht you had to let her go :(

Greengoose, thats no excuse not to go truckhaven this year! Hell if I'm there you can ride with me! :). The explorer is PRACTICALLY a minivan... LOL j/k. Sorry about your loss, hope you still hang out here occasionally!

Bryan,

Keep in touch however you can. You're always open to our meetings in Vegas, and you'll have a seat in my truck on any runs we go to.

Good Luck

How about a suspension lift for that minivan???

Ha Ha!!

I know how you feel. I have a 98 Mustang Gt with 11K on it. It has been my baby for the last year athough i did not hardly drive it because i was afraid of door dings etc. I now have to sell it because i am going back to school.
Dont worry, it will always work out in the end. I have now picked up a new hobby "My X" Im sure you will find one too!

Take care!

shouldve returned the X back to a semi stock condition and told her to kiss your ass... sorry about losing the X dude

Well, I'm sure you will enjoy the Odyssy mini van. That will stay with you for a while and then you would be able to buy a NEW X. I wonder how will a 2003 or 2004 Explorer would look like and how many horse power?

shouldve returned the X back to a semi stock condition and told her to kiss your ass

The Odyssey wasbothof our ideas.

Our biggest problem was getting a decent trade in. We were told by all of the dealers "Explorers are a dime a dozen." I was only able to get payoff from them, which was $1000 over low blue book.

I did get my Superchip out before the trade. I also have grey "Limited" front mats that have NEVER been used. Along with a "catch -all" rear cargo area mat.

-Bryan

They are only a dime a dozen until the winter when everyone wants them.

Bryan, sorry to hear that! You guys are right though, with your son the Minivan is probably the best vehicle for you, and hey, you bought THE best Minivan on the market to boot.

Doesnt mean you have to leave though! Stick around!

Bryan,
Just because you sold your Explorer, doesn't give you the excuse to not come on the site anymore. You are family and are always welcome here. Besides how do you expect us the talk you into buying another one if you don't hang around. :) We all understand that other things do take presedence over our Explorers, perhaps some day in the future, you'll buy another one.
Best of luck and congratulations on your new buy. Just think, you'll save so much of money on gas, that you'll be able to buy another Explorer in no time at all.

You guys are great! Its boards/clubs like this that make owning thing (such as explorers) really fun. I was only able to go on one run....The BIG Truckhaven with FORD.

I do get a rental car for work...I am allowed to upgrade to an Explorer as long as I pay for it. Ive been driving an F-150 for the last 8 months. Hertz makes me turn it in every 2 months for a new one so they can service it.

Hmmmm......Glad there are guys/gals like you to keep spirits up.
Thanks,
-Bryan & Sonja

Greengoose,

how come you guys didnt buy a windstar

just curious..............
eek2.gif

-Zach

We read lots of reviews and looked at the 4 year residual for many minivans. The Honda won hands down. It keeps 52% of its value at 4 years. I think the windstar was around 28%. The residual % makes a huge difference when you lease. We also fell in love with the dissapearing 3rd seat. 215hp and 26mpg isnt too bad either....and a 5 star crash safety rating...Consumer reports and Edmunds.com rated it #1....Lots of reasons I guess.

Honestly I thought I would never own a Jap auto.
-Bryan

Wow those are awsome numbers, maybe I will have to get one for the wify................... about ime for her to get a new car, wwe have two kids she is still drivng a neon........ lol

Hey Greengoose -

Welcome to the minivan club!!!

We also have a '01 Odyssey EX Starlight Silver but I was able to keep my beat up '91 X since it has been paid off already and I told the Mrs. that I was never ever parting ways with the thing, thank goodness, she yielded!

You'll love the Odyssey. We got a Kelton (Honda) subwoofer installed in it and also a K&N air filter. Don't change the oil the first 7000 miles because it has a special oil in the engine from the factory to help breakin the engine. Your mileage will be higher if you leave the original break in oil until 7000-7500 miles. We get about 18 MPG/City and anywhere between 25-30 MPG/HWY.

Price/Value, the Odyssey is a winner compare to all the other minivans. Here are two boards on Odysseys if you're interested in more information.

http://www.odyclub.com/
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/hondaodysseyownersclub

We got a Kelton (Honda) subwoofer installed in it and also a K&N air filter.

We also have the 01 EX Starlight Silver. It had 3 miles on it when we got it. Still had plastic on the seats.

KVO: Do you like the Kelton Subwoofer? Did you get fog lamps too? How hard were they to install?

-Bryan

haha

minivan's suck dude. They look like vacuum cleaners.

hoover... knows..... nobody does it like you!

ROFL!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could've got a 02' explorer it's a minivan in desguise... But then you wouldn't get the 215hp @ 26 mpg. Congrats though on the new purchase.

Back