Perry

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Loveland Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Yesterdays weather sucked but today was supposes to be nice so I called my buddy to see if he wanted to go?

Ended up going the same route we did two weeks ago with our first group ride & for some reason it seemed harder today, might be because of the wind.

Anyway we did two good hill climbs, Horsetooth reservoir & Carter Lake. We still averaged 14.2 mph even with the hill climbs so I was happy with that.

I can tell my legs are getting stronger every time I go out, just wished I could be more consistent, but with the weather it has been hard.

We ended up going 60.40 miles (61 miles on mapmyride:p:) so that is my second time of doing 60 miles.

I still have questions if I'll be able to do the 100 mile century in a month but tomorrow I'll ride 25 miles & hopefully again on Tuesday since they are talking good weather. My next good weekend I plan on maybe pushing the miles to around 65 & see what happens. I could have gone some more today, but my buddy was getting very tired (he hasn't ridden as much as I have) plus my seat was starting to tell me it was time to stop. :D

Besides that we had a good time, spent 5 hours with a few stops along the way.

Instead of staring another thread I'll just add to this one.

The weather is going to be crappy the next couple of days so I figured my ride home I would push myself a little more then I usually do. The trip home was 25.47 miles & I usually do an average of 18.2-18.7 & I wanted to beat that.

I felt good & there was a little wind & it was at my back so when I got home I was feeling good (my legs would disagree with that statement) so I was excited to see what I did.

did the 25.47 miles in 1:14:12 and averaged 20.6 mph, I was pumped that is my best time ever!!!!

I am also starting to notice I don't use my small ring in the front much where I was using it a lot on the hills.

I also notice my legs are starting to get some cool muscles on them, just wish the belly would follow & it would disappear. :D

I now have 730 miles & it has been about 2 months since I got my bike so I think I'm doing O.K.
I'm thinking this weekend to try a 65 mile ride which will be my longest but that is still a few miles short of that century ride. :(

Oh well I just keep at it & hopefully things will go well on the century.

I also notice my legs are starting to get some cool muscles on them :D

I now have 730 miles & it has been about 2 months since I got my bike so I think I'm doing O.K.

Excellent!!

Time for the razor;) to show off those muscles

Seeing Loveland brought back some memories. I went to school briefly in Greeley and spent a lot of time in Fort Collins. I was also a volunteer firefighter in Evans. Of course RMNP to play as well.

As for the century, if it's going to be four weekend from now, I'd try to get in a ride of around 80 miles about 14 days before hand. Like a marathon, the last miles are pretty much going to suck unless you've been training for a long time. But if you PACE YOURSELF (in other words, don't let the ride day excitement or an attractive paceline change your planned speed) you'll do great! Good luck!

Back