Got brake feedback? This may be why.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got brake feedback? This may be why..

Forder

Reaction score
City, State
West Point, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT, '05 Altima 3.5
I've been feeling a little pulse in my brake pedal for the last few months and it's got a bit worse the past month or so with some added brake squeal. It wasn't way too bad, but definitely noticeable. So I got some pads yesterday evening and went out to put them on this afternoon. Drivers side was pretty easy, no bad rotor gouges, the pads were definitely past due though. When I got my passenger side wheel off I was pleasantly surprised with this:

lol, yeah, wore all the way to the rivets and had gouges at least 1/8" into the rotor. I was amazed they didn't sound much worse than they did and give me a bit more feedback, hah. Needless to say, I had to take another trip to the parts store for a new rotor and loan out the hub socket so I could get the hub assembly off. So it added a couple hours to my afternoon tune-up, heh.

This may not be a very helpful thread, but just a warning to you all that the little feedback in your pedal could be this or worse. Thought it might give someone a chuckle too, heh.

Good maintenance info for people to follow up on!! Thanks for sharing.

You can get another 5k out of those, easy. :p: :D

Back